Advanced search

S7: Coffee and espresso drinkers as users

How to solve the bean problem?

kaffeeanf

October 07, 2010 11:06 am

Unregistered

First of all many thanks to the forum operators for this platform! The manufacturers should actually write thank you letters every month for all the complaints and inquiries, which you have already solved here :)

My problem is the following: I bought my Jura S7 in the first place to make me some Latte Macchiato a day. It really works out great, I am totally enthusiastic about the quality. Unfortunately, my girlfriend only drinks regular coffee. You don't really like what comes out of the machine. We suspect that the cause is the beans, we use Lavazza espresso beans (perfetto). In the beginning we had other beans (cafe crema), but I didn't like the LaMa, I felt as if it wasn't intense enough. Could it even be the type of bean? Is there a compromise with which you can make both decent coffee and espresso? Or do you have to decide for one?

An alternative could be to use the shaft for powder. We tried that yesterday. My girlfriend's reaction was... well, I don't want to describe it :) Anyway, what came out of it tasted as if someone had just dumped coffee powder into a cup and stirred it. What could be the reason? What amount of powder do you take for two cups? Or can it be defective?

For advice I would be really grateful!!!! :)

Helmut Boe

October 07, 2010 05:46 pm

Experienced

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 2411

Hello,
without fresh beans you won't get a good cup of coffee from a waste incinerator, but the LM doesn't care much what you do to your machine, because it's a milk drink with a little coffee taste.

You have to try to find out which beans you or your girlfriend like. The freshest beans you can get from the small roaster. A - admittedly incomplete - list can be found here.

Some of these roasters also offer tasting packages.

Enjoy tasting!

kaffeeanf

October 08, 2010 03:20 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the quick answer! Then I'll try another coffee for the first time, I hope it works out and everyone will be happy. smile.gif

caffeelungo

October 08, 2010 08:29 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 8764

I'd actually recommend ordering tasting packages from the roasters (if they offer that).

You'll be amazed at how different coffee can taste.

Which is worth it (and fun) ;-)

>

--------------------
vänliga hälsningar

Senseo mit Coffeduck (6 Jahre sehr zufrieden)
Delonghi ESAM 4200 S (seit Mai 2010 sehr zufrieden)

numberonedefender

October 08, 2010 09:24 pm

Expert

Member No.: 2650

Although I only use fresh beans from the local small roaster at home, I bring the Dallmayr Crema d'Oro Intensa" into play, which we prefer to drink in the office. It is a strong chocolaty cream roast, which also tastes good in milk drinks.
It really isn't easy to find a suitable bean that tastes "pure" and good in milk, most crema roasts - even from small roasters - are relatively mild and don't taste as tingly (often a little acidic) in hot milk...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.