Black particles after decalcification

Black particles after decalcification

schreibtisch

April 06, 2020 05:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 38220

Hello, good forum,

I have been using my DeLonghi ECAM Magnifica S since 2016. A few days ago the water pump (Wapu) broke down: First the amount of water dispensed fluctuated, then only drops of water came out of the dispenser. Since the Wapu also became really loud, I assumed that it was drawing air or air in the circuit. I simply tried to vent the system via the steam lance (hot water related), which at that time was only droplet by droplet and was more steam than water. As a last hope, I wanted to decalcify the system again in order to loosen possible blockages. The descaling agent was citric acid with water, whereby I added a little more citric acid. The descaling program started, the acid was absorbed and the Wapu died completely. Now my machine, with citric acid in the pipes, stood around for a few days and I waited for my newly ordered Wapu. When the Wapu arrived I installed it directly, water and coffee is running again.

Now comes my new problem: If water/coffee comes out of the dispenser, small black particles and flakes float inside. If I take water from the steam plant, nothing floats in the water, everything is fine. Now I have cleaned the dispenser and the hose that leads the coffee into the dispenser. I imagine that there are a little less particles, but they are still there. I am afraid that the particles have been loosened from the instantaneous water heater by the aggressive decalcification.

On the photo you can see the water after the short rinse when starting the machine.

https://www.kaffee-netz.de/attachments/partikel-jpg.72571/

What do you think I have to do to get rid of these particles?

MfG desk