Advanced search

No coffee leakage, pressure is built up

d4f

May 22, 2017 07:34 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 30481

Haller allerseits! My first contribution - and my first suffering. This time I am at the end with my Latin and also the forum searches have resulted in nothing.

Machine:
Nivona NICR610

Symptom1:
Coffee machine grinds coffee, brews group drives into position and pumps... and pumps. Clearly audible creaking due to a probably excessive pressure build-up until the machine gives up and releases the pressure via the drainage valve with audible hissing. No coffee outlet in this case, hot water goes but.

Symptom2:
Similar symptom1 but during pressure build-up a whistle sound comes from the height of the spring valve on the head of the brewing group and coffee comes afterwards normally from the coffee maker. Coffee brewed directly after the brewing process is usually normal without prior pressure build-up.

Repair attempts:

- Disassembly and silicone lubrication of all moving parts and seals of the brewing group. No abnormal turning difficulties to be noticed on the hand.

- Replacement of the (visibly worn) drainage valve by a new one

- All accessible hoses dismantled and cleaned, no lumps or lime pieces found.

Primise:
- It seems that the valve at the outlet of the brewing group does not want to open or at too high a pressure. However, it is also possible that the necessary pressure simply cannot be achieved.

Notes

The machine has a quite coffee-heavy life behind it, a wear of several components including pump cannot be excluded. Replacing expensive components is probably simply no longer worthwhile.

I have an almost identical problem with a Siemens Surpresso (which should be similar in construction/equivalent in construction?), which was given to me as a broken one), I was never able to define it exactly here either.

I am happy about any suggestions or links to solution work, for this coffee machine as well as models of the same construction I could not find anything fitting here or at Uncle Google with my keywords.

HWS

May 22, 2017 08:15 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24376

The so-called outlet valve is located directly behind the output of the heater. This can be opened with a slotted screwdriver. The valve pin is often defective or the inside is very calcified.

HWS