Advanced search

Siemens Eq6 leaking?

A lot of water in the drip tray

Gast_Jörg

November 08, 2020 07:50 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I own the Siemens EQ6 Series 300 and as already mentioned in the forum, our machine underneath it is also wet

Gast_David

November 09, 2020 01:50 pm

Unregistered

I've just bought an EQ 6 Plus and am AMAZED at how much water goes into the drip tray EVERY SINGLE CUP.
There seems to be a MAJOR DESIGN FLAW with this machine..

Gast_Conny

December 09, 2020 11:11 am

Unregistered

i have had a Siemens EQ 6 plus s500 for 1 week and i have the same problem with the water, before i had a DeLonghi and there was this problem not. Also the coffee residue is always muddy. A lot of water runs into the drip tray.

Many greetingsConny

KStone

December 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 42374

We bought a reconditioned machine (EQ.6 Extra Class) from a dealer on Friday and are not sure if it is normal for water to drip from the brewing group even though nothing is prepared.

When we pull out the drip tray, it drips mMn very strongly, for the fact that the device is actually not in operation. So I wanted to ask you as "professionals", is this normal? This is actually our first device.

Also, when we pull out the drip tray, we always have some water at the front of the device, which then drips out. Is it the same with you? For a device of this price range I would find that quite unusual biggrin.gif

Enclosed you can see photos of the drop inside and the moisture that comes out when the drainer is pulled out.

Thanks for your help! cool.gif
user posted image
user posted image

Gast_David

January 04, 2021 05:50 pm

Unregistered

I bought our Siemens EQ6 Plus 8 weeks ago and I'm sending it back.
There's a ginormous amount of water always in the 'drip' tray.
We always catch the water at start-up and shut-down in a separate cup.
BUT
After one start-up procedure, 5 cups of coffee, one shut-down procedure there's more than 400cl in the tray ... that's totally RIDICULOUS.
ALSO DESCALING:-
The machine is used for only +/- 5 cups a day on average .. just in use by one person.. but it asks for a descaling procedure every 14-16 DAYS !!!
If it was in use by a family of 4 it would be asking for descaling every 2-3 DAYS ... COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS !!!!!

A disaster purchase..
It's a shame because the coffee is nice .. and hot

Gast_Klaus

January 29, 2021 02:15 pm

Unregistered

We have the EQ6 now 3 years.

It was 2x in repair without that a change would have occurred.
I've got me the thing now times vorgeknöpft:

Apparently it is probably really normal that during the brewing process a lot of water goes wrong

Also the pomace is pretty wet. More water ends up in the drip tray than in the cup.
Apparently the seals do not manage to hold the high pressure.

Now the real problem:
The steam in the machine (moisture) causes the coffee to clump together directly at the outlet from the grinder

You can see this well when you take out the instant coffee container (you can do this by pushing a plastic flag to the side from below with a screwdriver) and draw a coffee.
After the brewing process, it steams out of the chute of the instant coffee container.
More and more coffee misses as a result, clumping up nice and damp in and around the brew group and getting mouldy.

The whole thing is a single, far too complicated faulty construction, with a thousand corners in which coffee powder can stick :-(
In a machine for the price, should not be!!!!!We will

still use

the

machine, leave the powder coffee container outside, so that the steam can out and make the brew group weekly clean

Then it should work.... Even if it means a lot of work.
After all, the coffee is good and the milk foam dispenser is handy.

It was too expensive to throw away..... sad.gif

Good luckKlaus

Gast_Klaus

January 29, 2021 02:16 pm

Unregistered

I've got me the thing now times vorgeknöpft:

Apparently it is probably really normal that during the brewing process a lot of water goes wrong

Also the pomace is pretty wet. More water ends up in the drip tray than in the cup.

Now the real problem:
Due to the steam in the machine ( humidity) the coffee clumps directly at the outlet from the grinder

You can see this well when you take out the instant coffee container (you can do this by pushing a plastic flag to the side from below with a screwdriver) and draw a coffee.
After the brewing process, it steams out of the chute of the instant coffee container.
More and more coffee misses as a result, clumping up nice and damp in and around the brew group and getting mouldy.

The whole thing is a single, far too complicated faulty design, with a thousand corners in which coffee powder can settle :-(

still use

the

machine, leave the powder coffee container outside, so that the steam can out and make the brew group weekly clean

Good luckKlaus

Rene64

March 13, 2021 10:14 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43055

QUOTE (Guest_Klaus @ Friday, 29 January 2021, 13:15)

I've now had a look at the thing myself:

Apparently it's probably really normal for a lot of water to go off during the brewing process.

Now the real problem:
The steam in the machine (moisture) causes the coffee to clump together directly at the outlet from the grinder

The whole thing is a single, far too complicated faulty design, with a thousand corners in which coffee powder can settle :-(

still use

the

Good luckKlaus

I can only agree with Klaus.
First of all, I never wanted to buy such a device because of mold, but I let my wife persuade me
I own the EQ 6 S 700 since the beginning of March 2021, since then we have made about 10 pulls with the machine, and here so a two sticking points

1) When switching on and off he makes a cleaning, that is partly not enough to get the system clean. Let's assume that I have just made a reference coffee latte in large, then clean the milk system, then comes the shutdown (1/4 hour) again cleaning, until here the water is still partly cloudy, only when I switch back on and it comes again a cleaning, the water is halfway acceptable.
Is it possible to change the amount of rinse water, I have not found a setting point?

2) The water collection tank is full after a few uses, meanwhile I have read that this machine has such a feature. I also assume that the piston ring or other rings can not hold the pressure, is just a guess! Also

I have removed the powder chute to see what is happening in the device, and yes there is coffee powder on the edge of what you can not see so at all, but with a reference to the water vapor cloud is small, but now imagine more than one reference over the day to make it could be quite possible that moisture on the grinder and edge is formed, which could possibly produce mold

I have done it almost exactly as Klaus, the shaft outside left, see photosMfG
Renehttps://abload.de/image.php?img=saubern8lked.jpghttps://abload.de/image.php?img=pinsel3ukjb.jpghttps://abload.de/image.php?img=ursachewsku9.jpghttps://abload.de/image.php?img=gitterbcjx4.jpghttps://abload.de/image.php?img=pinsel3ukjb.jpg

Conny Rupprecht

March 20, 2021 01:16 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (EQ6plus S700 drip tray full @ Monday, September 14, 2020, 12:22 PM)
Hello everyone,

the same problem, drip tray full, water runs out during the brewing process, machine was repaired and even replaced, that should be so right! We have not had that with any other machine!

Many things are strange about the machine, additional component in the drip tray so that the hot water does not damage the plastic, various covers on the brew group that have to be removed for cleaning...really not a masterpiece of German engineering.

Cleaning of the brewing group under running water is not sufficient, mechanical cleaning required, coffee residues everywhere in the corners.

Coffee is good, not very good, I had expected more from the high pressure, coffee very slowly

Overall: no recommendation, expensive bad buy

mfg Juergen Reinert

My machine was sent in,everything supposedly in perfect order .I have to clean the brew group every 3-4 days as it is completely full of coffee sludge. The drip tray is full after 5 cups of coffee at the latest.Never again.....leider Siemens takes nothing from the complaints, sadly

Kaffee_Feinschmecker

March 26, 2021 08:37 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43261

We have now for 2 years the Siemens EQ6 Plus S700 and have always been satisfied with the machine and the coffee taste. For about 2 weeks it is so that is extremely much water in the drip tray. So far it was actually always so that came in time a message in the display "Empty drip tray". Meanwhile, it is so that we always pay attention to the red mark, so that the bowl does not overflow or is extremely full.
That with the few drops of water on the front, lower side, we can also confirm recently. I bought the maintenance kit for the brew group on Amazon and there renewed all seals and greased - without success. We would also be grateful for a tip on what else it could be. I myself am an electronics engineer and would also trust me to disassemble the machine. For this, however, I should know at which point I have to look approximately.

Gast_Axel

April 06, 2021 10:07 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Coffee_Feinschmecker @ Friday, 26 March 2021, 20:37)
We have now for 2 years the Siemens EQ6 Plus S700 and were so far always satisfied with the machine and the coffee taste. Since about 2 weeks it is so that is extremely much water in the drip tray. Until now, it was actually always so that a message appeared in time in the display: "Please empty drip tray". Meanwhile, it is so that we always pay attention to the red mark, so that the bowl does not overflow or is extremely full.
That with the few drops of water on the front, lower side, we can also confirm recently. I bought the maintenance kit for the brew group on Amazon and there renewed all seals and greased - without success. We would also be grateful for a tip on what else it could be. I myself am an electronics engineer and would also trust me to disassemble the machine. For this, however, I should know at which point I have to look approximately.

Hello,

I also have the same machine and the same problem.
Have replaced the seals and also unfortunately no success.
There is always water under the machine and I can not determine exactly where from.
Have you already completely disassembled the machine?
I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure if it really makes a difference.

Greetings Axel

Kaffee_Feinschmecker

April 14, 2021 08:44 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43261

Sorry that I get in touch first now. Have not found time before and the spare parts had to be ordered.
I have replaced the ceramic valve. This brought no change. In another repair forum, I have read the advice that one should change the seals (search on Amazon Siemens Eq6 repair / maintenance kit), the coupling for the brewing unit (item number: 00620989) and connection unit / brewing chamber inlet for brewing unit (item number: 00616637).

Photo brewing unit1Photo

brewing unit 2Yesterday

I also
changed

the

seal / O-ring for the ceramic valve (item number: 00633878)

Please order and change this at the same time as replacing the ceramic valve.

Photo seal ceramic valveSince then

I have a better crema again and from the seal of the ceramic valve no more water runs on the wall into the drip tray

Unfortunately, I still have the problem that the drip tray is full very quickly. I noticed yesterday that there is a white opening at the bottom, where the water drips into the bowl for minutes. Does anyone know what the opening is for or how I can stop this?

Drip point

Gast_Andy

May 17, 2021 09:03 pm

Unregistered

Hello all,

we have since a few days also problems with our Siemens EQ 6 700 or so tongue.gif Our machine is now 2-3 years old.
I am satisfied with the design of the machine eigendlich. I prefer to be able to open and clean my machine myself. That's why we chose the Siemens model. So far so good.

But now we have noticed that our machine starts to rinse incorrectly. Since then, a lot of water ends up in the coffee grounds container when the machine is switched on and off. So much water that the Puks there become coffee water.

The coffee preparation is visuel the same.
What the previous speaker has done everything (seals, etc.) I have also done.
The rinse cycle was not better but again a little better taste.
Just noticed that we have since a few days also new coffee in it. I do not understand why the rinsing is therefore worse.

Does anyone have an idea what this can be?

Greetings

Africoffee

July 03, 2021 10:22 am

Unregistered

Siemens eq. 6 plus s500. 4years old. 4000+ brews. Recently (?6 months) more water in grounds receiving container and pucks reduced to slush!
Any solutions to this problem?

1Seite 2