Advanced search

Caffeo solo espresso tastes sour and bland....

used machine bought-defective?

Laira

January 26, 2021 09:11 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 42720

Hello,
I need some advice. I've always freshly ground espresso from the French press with frothed milk as a cappuccino or latte drunk. Something annoying was the whole gehampel and the crumbs in the coffee. Then over Christmas I drank coffee from my dad's Melitta Caffeo Solo and thought it was pretty great. So I bought the same machine on eBay classifieds ( because I can't afford it new). Supposedly the part was only used while the actual machine was in the rep. I can't verify this because you can't read the covers. The result is thin and bland. With my father, a coffee with a medium amount of water and 2 beans (= medium strength) was quite strong and I had to add a generous amount of milk. With me, it tastes like almost nothing. Double espresso with little milk goes so. Strong enough but just bland and sour. I am disappointed.
What I've already done: Loose parts rinsed off, crumbs from transport removed, brewing unit cleaned, looked everywhere you can without tools pure, prescriptive decalcified, cleaned and inserted a filter cartridge. Reset to factory settings. Adjusted water hardness. Set the grind to fine. Checked the amount of espresso. It comes out about 30ml as it should. The pomace tablets that come out look like the ones from my dad's machine in terms of thickness, dryness and fineness. So far everything seems right. I have also tried it with the same beans. Tastes sour and thin as well. Right now I have Melitta bella crema espresso and Rewe fine world espresso. The crema also looks good but unfortunately what comes out there just does not taste good. Oh: the tap water should be the same I live in the same district as my parents whose machine I compare here. What could be the problem? Does anyone have a tip? Is there anything I can do? Is this thing broken? It would be great if someone could help me.

Berndt   

August 22, 2021 02:11 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Laira @ Tuesday, 26 January 2021, 21:11)
Hello
,I need some advice. I've always had freshly ground espresso from the French Press with frothed milk as a cappucchino or latte. A bit annoying was all the fidgeting and crumbs in the coffee. Then over Christmas I drank coffee from my dad's Melitta Caffeo Solo and thought it was pretty great. So I bought the same machine on eBay classifieds ( because I can't afford it new). Supposedly the part was only used while the actual machine was in the rep. I can't verify this because you can't read the covers. The result is thin and bland. With my father, a coffee with a medium amount of water and 2 beans (= medium strength) was quite strong and I had to add a generous amount of milk. With me, it tastes like almost nothing. Double espresso with little milk goes so. Strong enough but just bland and sour. I am disappointed.
What I've already done: Loose parts rinsed off, crumbs from transport removed, brewing unit cleaned, looked everywhere you can without tools pure, prescriptive decalcified, cleaned and inserted a filter cartridge. Reset to factory settings. Adjusted water hardness. Set the grind to fine. Checked the amount of espresso. It comes out about 30ml as it should. The pomace tablets that come out look like the ones from my dad's machine in terms of thickness, dryness and fineness. So far everything seems right. I have also tried it with the same beans. Tastes sour and thin as well. Right now I have Melitta bella crema espresso and Rewe fine world espresso. The crema also looks good but unfortunately what comes out there just does not taste good. Oh: the tap water should be the same I live in the same district as my parents whose machine I compare here. What could be the problem? Does anyone have a tip? Is there anything I can do? Is this thing broken? It would be great if someone could help me.

I'd change the outlet unit. It collects a lot of mud. Costs 6 €. Reiniging / clean impossible because stuck unit.

Alternatively. Recite and clean.