Advanced search

Milk foam steams heavily

Milk foam steams heavily

Gast_Matthias

November 23, 2023 12:48 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

Unfortunately, for some time now we have had the problem that there is a lot of steam when frothing milk in a latte macchiato. It works at the beginning and end of the milk process, with a few seconds of heavy steam in between. Sometimes it only steams strongly towards the end and for several seconds. In the end, there is not enough milk in the cup. We have tried other containers, replaced the hose, cleaned the spout several times as described and carried out several cleanings with descaling. Unfortunately, the condition does not improve. Do you have any other tips?
I would also be happy to send you a video. However, I can't find a way to embed it here.

The tip of running hot water through the milk system doesn't really help either.

Machine: Siemens EQ700 classic, tp705d01/02

Thank you very much for your tips
Matthias

swolle

November 23, 2023 04:12 pm

Barista

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 46321

Place the coffee spout distributor in a detergent-vinegar solution overnight and then clean all the small holes.

Gast_Matthias

November 24, 2023 04:27 pm

Unregistered

Thank you.
It has become noticeably better over the entire outlet process. However, we still have the problem that only hot steam comes out for a few seconds in the middle and then frothed milk again, like before the steam.
Is that the same for you? I don't remember it being like that at the beginning.

swolle

November 24, 2023 07:13 pm

Barista

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 46321

No, this is not normal. A small opening or air inlet nozzle must be blocked somewhere.