Advanced search

Clatronic KAV 2936 Coffee taste

M

June 12, 2009 11:05 am

Unregistered

Hello together,
I have recently purchased a KAV 2936.
I like its operation and appearance.
I just can't brew a normal (small) cup of coffee with it.
I set the grind to 8 (very fine), the injection quantity very high, the prebrewing time very high and the coffee quantity very high. The coffee only tastes good when I make a normal cup half full. You can't drink anything else. As coffee I use "Dallmayr CafeCreme"
Maybe someone has this machine and is so happy with it that he can tell me how to do it differently.

Thanks for your support

Munich Bean

jokel

June 12, 2009 01:01 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 1411

I guess the coffee tastes bitter then. Due to the fine grinding degree and the high powder quantity, the coffee water is in contact with the powder for too long, i.e. the throughput time is too long. Must now experiment gradually with the grinding degree and the amount of powder.

P.S. But you have not chosen the optimal KVA for coffee enjoyment. dry.gif

greeting Stefan

--------------------
Esam 6600 PrimaDonna
Ich helfe gerne und freue mich über jede Rückmeldung, was leider nicht immer vorkommt. Fragen werden NUR im Forum beantwortet.

Mal bist du Hund, mal bist du Baum.

M

June 12, 2009 01:35 pm

Unregistered

Maybe I expressed myself wrong before, with inedible I meant that he is too wassrig (too thin).
Maybe the beans are not the hit, will try it with espresso beans.

jokel

June 12, 2009 04:43 pm

Expert

Member No.: 1411

Okay, wrongly expressed or I misunderstood biggrin.gif
We had a Medion MD 42655 at work, identical to yours. We had to brew two coffees for a cup to make it edible. I don't know what the volume of the brew group is, but apparently not enough. I don't think your coffee's usable at all. Espresso beans might help a little, but if it's enough. The best thing to do is order an espresso tasting package from Caffe-Fausto, which includes very good, strong coffees. As I said, you have the wrong machine for enjoying coffee, because these Medions, Clatronics and ... are very prone to repairs and you can't get spare parts at all or badly.

Greeting Stefan

--------------------
Esam 6600 PrimaDonna
Ich helfe gerne und freue mich über jede Rückmeldung, was leider nicht immer vorkommt. Fragen werden NUR im Forum beantwortet.

Mal bist du Hund, mal bist du Baum.

M

June 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Unregistered

So, I've now taken a little "Splendid Espresso Traditionale" out of work to try. A difference like day and night. Probably not the best one, as I read in another forum, but still try something high quality and out of the machine you can probably get something useful.

Thanks for your opinions.

Gruß

Munich Bean

M

June 15, 2009 07:13 pm

Unregistered

I have now had good experiences with Migros Gastronome mixed with a quarter of Jacobs espresso beans of sustainable cultivation. Many will now surely turn their stomach, or will there be more coffee beans mixed with espresso beans?

Gruß vom Panscher

Rio184

July 31, 2009 07:32 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 4948

Hello,
got the same device for free yesterday (Ka-v 2936) and have some problems with the filling quantity and much too thin coffee. I read in an evaluation to this machine that the filling quantity is supposed to be an operating error, whereby I actually did everything according to the instructions.
Sound operating instructions should fill the selection "small cup" of 40-100ml cups and "large cup" of 200ml. When programming the large cup, however, the machine stops after almost 150ml and with the small cup at around 50ml. In addition, the coffee is sometimes quite normal during the test runs and then suddenly again almost like water with a hint of coffee without having changed any settings. During the programming everything is set on strong coffee. The only thing that worked well so far was frothing milk. I got some coffee beans from the supermarket for testing (no espresso).
Maybe there's also a way to change the settings for resets?!?!? Unfortunately there is nothing about this in the manual.
Hoffe here you can find someone who might be able to give me advice to get at least one coffee from the machine that is drinkable.
I mean that this is a cheap machine and you can't expect as much as with an expensive one is understandable to me but what I got so far was in my opinion no coffee.

Cordial greetings

Ps: According to my instruction manual, the grind 8 is very coarse and 1 is very fine *confused *look *