Melitta Caffeo CI

does not rinse and does not draw water

MelMai

August 15, 2014 05:59 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24894

Hello everyone,

we are now desperate with our Melitta Caffeo CI. The good piece was meanwhile 4x at Melitta for repair and now it is broken again. Unfortunately out of warranty :-(

>Following error:

The system does not start then however (sounds thereby tormented and no drop of water comes out)
After the unsuccessful rinsing system start stands there. When you press the Rotary Switch, water will come in.
Pleasantly, when the rinse is triggered again via the maintenance menu, nothing happens.

We have already tried to obtain coffee by opening the powder shaft. But it doesn't work either. Even a ventilation via the menu item water filter change did not help.

When we normally drink coffee, the dry powder ends up in the pomace container.

The drainage valve was replaced today and the brewing group was also replaced by a new one. Both didn't help.

Does anyone have an idea what it can be??? We would be very grateful for any advice. Maybe the pump?

Many greetings,

MelMai

Melitta

August 18, 2014 11:27 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Hersteller

Member No.: 23757

Hello MelMai,

naturally it is not pleasant for us as manufacturer to hear that according to your statement you already had to complain a few times.

The error/defect you describe probably sounds like a blockage of the tubing system of the device.
Here the word "Systemstart" appears on the display, as the unit hopes to flush out the blockage by flushing the water.

If you do not want to send the unit in and have it repaired by us for 149.00 Euro, we recommend that you direct the troubleshooting to the hoses and connections of the unit.
The pump cannot be affected here. If the pump were defective, the device would not work even during system startup.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone.

We hope to have helped you and wish you every success,
Your Melitta Customer Service Team smile.gif

--------------------
Bei Fragen stehen wir natürlich auch gerne in der Zeit von Montag-Freitag von 8-18 Uhr unter der Rufnummer 0571-861086 zur Verfügung. - Wir freuen uns auf deinen Anruf. :)

Kaffeedurst am Morgen

August 19, 2014 09:13 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24919

Hello Melitta,

lessly we also have to complain again about one year after a repair that the coffee does not come out in front again, but runs into the inside of the machine. It seems obvious that the hose system you mentioned is leaking and / or clogged or a hose has simply come loose. I do not like to spend 149 EUR again for such cent articles.

Unfortunately, the hotline you have mentioned is not half as helpful, competent and friendly as your sympathetic contribution suggests.

Has anyone any tips on how to get to the hoses?

Many greetings

Morning coffee thirst.

kaffeechris

August 19, 2014 06:45 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

There are several pages in the net where it is described how to disassemble certain machines and where what is.
The main problems are simple the three pillars of each KVA´s. Cleaning, maintenance and decalcification. The latter with good descaler.
Mfg Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Ingolf

August 26, 2014 09:21 am

Unregistered

Hej KaffeeChris,

There are some pages in the net where you can read how to disassemble certain machines and where what is.

If you have a link to an instruction manual regarding Melitta CI, please click here to disassemble the device?

I-Net Search was not successful.

Dabke you
Greß
Ingolf

kaffeechris

August 26, 2014 09:49 pm

Expert

Unfortunately you didn't search, actually a pity, because I found this within one minute.
http://www.chip.de/video/Melitta-Caffeo-CI...o_71162468.html
And the flowmeter is not defective but only calcified, because a permanent magnet doesn't give up that fast, it's best to dip it into a descaler overnight and clean it properly then blow it through once and when the howl sound comes it's free and can measure the lack of water with the two small magnets on the impeller via a pulse sensor.
MfG Chris

--------------------

August 29, 2014 01:50 pm

Unregistered

Hej Chris,

well, is of course always the question with which terms you feed such a search engine -
this one can feed the better the more you know about such a topic.

The link you gave me is unfortunately shortened (...), but a search in the chip
videos brought me to the video to exchange the flowmeter to get to the
drainage valve, but then it needs a continuation wink.gif

And the flowmeter isn't defective but just calcified

This wasn't about my contribution, was it? I have more the valve in suspicion,
but I will take this opportunity to your tip for cleaning the flowmeter also to heart.

Greetings & thanks
Ingolf

kaffeechris

August 29, 2014 02:15 pm

Expert

Yes, they shortened it (Admin or otherwise) and I put it in completely.
Now at least you can get the thing open.
Yes the flowmeter, you can just get it open.
MfG Chris

--------------------

May 12, 2016 08:34 pm

Unregistered

I have the same problem when turning on "System Start". Replaced pump and flowmeter, and went on "system start". No noise,
nothing happened. Switched on Switched off nothing.
That is nevertheless impudence, one buys a device for approx. 1,000€ and such problems.
Never again Melita.

Gast_Lars(Schweden)

January 01, 2020 01:16 pm

Unregistered

Hi,

I had the same problem on my Barista T. No water coming at start up eventhough the pump was running.
The problem was in the small adapter/fluid coupling after the thermoblock. It was blocked with kalk.
After cleaning this adapter it was running agian.
I guess I need to clean and entkalk my machine more often.happy.gif

Gast_Andreas

June 27, 2020 01:16 pm

Unregistered

The cause was very simple. Had the same problem. It was the hose with lime that goes from the coffee system to the head. The hose was freed from lime and the machine was working again. I think one should simply run the descaling program more often.

Stuart McBain

November 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Unregistered

Can you provide any tips for checking the pipes/ hoses you mentioned.

We have the same problem