Advanced search

Quickmill 05000a on strike; probably solenoid valve

Cylonist

December 11, 2011 09:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14454

Hello together!

>I bought myself a used Quickmill and was very happy when it was in my kitchen. Unfortunately, the joy did not last long, the machine is defective.

I have already completely dismantled and cleaned the machine once. Without the rear cover one could observe the following when drinking a small cup of coffee:

The machine grinds the beans as desired, the flour slides into the cylinder, the piston moves down. Then unfortunately nothing happens any more, no water is pressed into the cylinder. After a short moment, the lower piston moves up again and the scraper pushes the still completely dry powder into the "bio bin". Now the machine starts beeping and the light with the meaning "no water" flashes.
At the same time you can "observe the water's path from behind". This is sucked out of the tank, goes down through a part that looks like a small pump or a filter or something similar, and then reaches another part that is probably the high pressure pump (from here the water no longer runs through the soft silicone hose, but through a thinner hose made of harder material).
As I said, the water still flows through here. Then it gets to some kind of T-piece, I think it's a solenoid valve. From here, the water flows to the right, i.e. back into a simple silicone hose. Thus the water has left the "high pressure range" and flows back into the water tank.
To brew the coffee, the water would have had to flow from here to the left, into the copper pipe system and on to the water heater. Unfortunately this does not happen, so I have the suspicion that this solenoid valve (if it is a solenoid valve) is defective.
For clarification I have added a picture of my machine. The yellow line shows the described way of the water.

My question to the professionals here in the forum: Can you tell me what's broken on the machine?! Is it possibly actually the "solenoid valve". Can such a valve be tested for its function? Possibly measure the ohmic resistance of the valve? How exactly would this work, so which of the three connections would I have to measure and which values should an intact or a defective "solenoid valve" have?! Do you get such a solenoid valve as a spare part?
You see: Questions about questions of a Quickmillfan! About answers and repair suggestions I would be happy! Thank you in advance.

mfg Cylonist

Attached Image

Gast_CorlitoCaffe

July 17, 2013 02:17 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

my tip: Try decalcifying. By the way, the small white part in advance is the so-called "Flowmeter" which measures the amount of water passing through. That means I'd check in advance how far the water's flowing. It may be that the flowmeter itself is clogged and water cannot be drawn in.

MFG
Angelo Corlito