Advanced search

Krups EA89 service menu?

szabgab

January 24, 2022 11:38 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 49227

Dear all,

First of all thank you for letting me in. I own a DeLonghi Dedica, which I was happy with, however my dad wanted to gift me something good, and bought me a Krups EA89. Unfortunately after the DeLonghi the cofee is watery and not very strong, the crema is not thick at all and the used beans cake is thin and falls apart on it's own. My wife refuses to use the Krups, so we have two coffee machines on the table of our small kitchen and I obviously do not want to upset my dad by him giving us such a generous present....

Anyway, I plyed with the obvious settings, set the grinder to the smallest setting, made coffee with the 'dark' option turned on, set water temperature to min later to max, tried 6 different types of coffees from robusta to single source barrista style arabica but the coffee out of the machine is just as watery. The only other option would be I guess to enter the service menu and adjust the grinding time + piston pressure, as otherwise I am at a loss. I have searched everywhere for a combination of buttons to enter the 'hidden settings', but can not find anything anywhere. Any ideas?

Thank you!

szabgab

February 03, 2022 02:17 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 49227

Anybody by any chance? Watery coffee is just not it smile.gif Thank you, Gab