Repair JURA F50 or buy a new JURA?

Experience

Erwin_tr

February 25, 2020 03:24 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 37575

Hello Community

I signed up here for some advice. I have had an F50 at home for about 10 years and am actually satisfied with it. She has been making good coffee for years without any big frills, never had a repair or anything else with the machine.

Unfortunately I now had the message "ERROR 2" on the display and yesterday I went to a service station after work. The dealer told me the machine has about 12300 covers and the sensor is defective. But because of the age, the pump and the boiler should also be replaced (?!). He also doesn't know if you can get the spare parts at all from Jura, because the device is so old. He has to clarify this and then give me an estimate by the end of the week. But he suggested that I buy a new coffee machine. He thinks law or delonghi is best for me. He then showed me a Jura E8, which he would recommend to me. ( but it also costs 1100 Euro )

Actually, I'm happy with my F50 and I'd like to get it fixed... But if I repair the machine and then something breaks again, then I have to repair the machine again.
What if there are no
more spare parts?
What is your opinion? What is your experience with Jura repairs and availability of
spare parts?
Greetings
Erwin

Schlawi

February 25, 2020 04:06 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

For the machine you still get all the parts. Would replace the sensor and if never happened the grinding cone.
The F50 is a good machine and if nothing else I would keep it. The newer ones are not really better in my opinion, they may just be more frills and tr
icks.

snowball

February 25, 2020 06:12 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 28178

If you are generally satisfied with the machine, I would recommend a repair. With such an old one, you can do it yourself. Error 2 is the sensor for the thermoblock. Costs around 9€. If you have never worked on a Jura, you should have a look at the repair instructions on the net. To open the housing you need an oval head bit and 1-2 torx bits (size 10 and/or 15).

Erwin_tr

February 26, 2020 08:22 am

Coffee drinker

Hello Schlawi and Snowball, thank you for your valuable advice, would you also replace the boiler and pump?

I found many spare parts for the F50 on the jura side last night, but no sensor and no grinding cone... Sent out a request, see what comes back.

So can one generally say that jura can supply spare parts for a very long time?

Schlawi

February 26, 2020 09:06 am

Expert

Hi,

Where did you look? There are the BND, Komtra and many other dealers who supply spare parts for Jura machines. The article number for the sensor from Jura is 69605, simply enter "Jura 69605" into a search engine, for the grinding mechanism it is usually enough to exchange the grinding ring. For example
https://www.juraprofi.de/Jura-Ersatzteile/Mahlwerk/Mahlring-zu-Jura-Mahlwerk::12262.htmlWenn

the coffee gets hot and does not cause any problems I would
not replace
the heating

You can pump, but you don't have to. If you intend to do so, remember the gaskets for diaphragm regulators. The one on the pump and the one for the

hose.

Revising the brewing unit from time to time is also no

harm.

What has been done at the machine? And when? If it becomes too much at spare parts also the repair lump sum with Jura would possibly be profitable, tell them in advance, coffee not really hot, too thin etc. so that also everything is exchanged. I think it costs 200€ + shipping for the F50. You'd have to check with Law

Erwin_tr

February 26, 2020 10:22 am

Coffee drinker

I found the spare parts here:

https://de.jura.com/de/support/ersatzteile?articlenumber=13369

So far the F50 is "untouched", never had anything to do with the machine. I have found the sensor in the net now, thanks for the tip!

But wait for the answer from Jura if I can get the original from them.

Schlawi

February 26, 2020 11:20 am

Expert

Can't imagine Jura selling sensors, pumps etc. to end users. The parts listed there can be mounted without disassembling the machine.

sb9x

September 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Unregistered

hi
,so when I look at the error description and have also researched it in neighbor forums. Yeah,it looks like the thermal sensor. (around 8-11 eur) and as the previous speakers wrote, there are shops that
carry the spare part.

And if you were completely satisfied with the machine and certainly don't belong to the throw-away society then I recommend that you do the repair yourself. You will get to

know

your

machine better.
What I could possibly recommend to you is that you check the solder joints on the board (check for continuity). They corrode with time and you may be
able to eliminate
cold solder joints by re-soldering
Good luck. Even if your mail is already a bit old