Advanced search

Krups EA 8010 Water circuit

Water cycle does not get filled

VioSimo

June 10, 2013 03:01 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 20854

Hello, I bought my EA 80101 in August 2010. Been in warranty repairs before for the grinder. Unfortunately the hotline says that the warranty is now over, so I would like to ask for help here.
Recently the machine was humming louder. I thought, maybe it should be decalcified, because the machine never ran the automatic decalcification program during the whole time, but this is only possible after about 90 hot water or steam phases. The hotline says that the machine really doesn't need to be descaled, although I've been running coffee for almost three years...

A few days ago, several times made the hot water phase or steam, because I still want to descale, the machine "filling water circuit necessary." I press ok, there runs some water from the steam nozzle, then comes "device in auto test. Please wait " Then again "filling water circuit necessary" This I can press in an endless loop, once came error 05 and I called the hotline, which advised me to pull the plug for half an hour. But after that there is still water circulation - auto test. What can I do now?

rudi-03

June 10, 2013 08:19 pm

Expert

Member No.: 17460

Hello,

presumably a problem with the flowmeter or its wiring. Open the device and blow through the hoses and the flowmeter, disconnect the wiring and clean the contacts if necessary. I assume there is no water filter in the tank.
The EA 8010 doesn't actually have a display wink.gif

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

VioSimo

June 11, 2013 02:18 pm

Coffee drinker

Uuupsi, right, the machine is called EA 8080 sorry.
And yes, no water filter.
So, what's a flowmeter, I'm clueless...?
I cleaned the short hoses, there was calcified broth in it.
(But according to the hotline it can't be calcified at all, I thought...)
I reconnected everything and tested it, but the machine is humming loudly and wants to fill the water circuit, doesn't work and says error 05.... ??

rudi-03

June 11, 2013 08:43 pm

Expert

Hello,

in this contribution the flowmeter is well recognizable. Just take it out and blow it in. Inside is a small impeller that should turn (you will notice). Hoses correctly reconnected after cleaning?

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

VioSimo

June 12, 2013 04:44 pm

Coffee drinker

Finally !!!! THANK YOU !!
That's just not believable! The machine works again!

I blew through the flowmeter and suddenly the wheel turned. That was actually stuck! When the machine does not need to be descaled...

Many thanks, I drink a double coffee on you !!
Bin totally happy that there is this forum and thank you very much for the nice and uncomplicated help.
Because according to the hotline I should have sent the machine in, but it was only a little lime...

Many dear greetings
from the coffee addicted Vio

P.S. Did I already say thank you? Thank you, thank you, thank you....

rudi-03

June 12, 2013 06:09 pm

Expert

Hello Vio,

>pleased that the machine is running again, thanks for the feedback.

In the forum one actually says "you", a "she" makes so old. wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

VioSimo

June 27, 2013 05:31 pm

Coffee drinker

So there I am again...
Now the machine has worked wonderfully for 2 weeks but since yesterday there is no more water.
I press coffee, he grinds the beans nicely, but nothing comes and the powder is thrown away :-(
I turned it on again and then pressed rinse, nothing comes either.
When I press hot water, water comes.
I opened the machine and blew through the flowmeter again, but it works fine...
What could be going on?

rudi-03

June 27, 2013 08:11 pm

Expert

Hello,

is the pump starting? If so, does it get louder or quieter?
Is there no water at all, or does the water possibly run into the drip tray?

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

Nina Nonya

September 20, 2020 09:02 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 40826

Hello Rudi,

I came across this post via Google because I have exactly the same problem. Where do you have to open the machine to get the flowmeter? Yesterday I had removed the screws on the top/front of the ventilation grille and the grinder but only opened about 1-2 cm.

In the back next to the water tank there are recessed screws, I don't have the tools for that, but I would get them, if that is the rescue for my addiction machine

Gast_Mike

December 24, 2020 07:00 pm

Unregistered

I have the same problem. The krups EA81* keeps in a loop, I even replaced the flow meter for a new one, it worked for some days and then the issue came back.
I get the impression that if I run it without the connector on the flow meter I notice the same symptom.. so I see a relation to the flow meter.. though.. I am lost... ohmy.gif:mellow:
hope to find the experience here rolleyes.gif

Yildiz

October 20, 2022 07:34 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (VioSimo @ Monday, 10 June 2013, 15:01)
Hello, bought my EA 80101 in August 2010. Was already once in warranty repair because of the grinder. Unfortunately, they tell me on the hotline that the warranty is now over sist, so I would like to ask for help here.
Recently, the machine hummed louder. I thought maybe it should be decalcified, because the machine never ran the automatic decalcification program, but this is only possible after about 90 hot water or steam phases. The hotline says that the machine actually does not need to be descaled, even though I have been running coffee through it for almost three years....

A few days ago, have made several times the hot water phase or steam, because I still want to decalcify times, the machine made "Filling water circuit necessary." I press ok, some water runs out of the steam nozzle, then comes "Device in auto test. Please wait." Then again "Filling water circuit necessary" This I can press in an endless loop, once came error 05 and I called the hotline who advised me to unplug for half an hour. But after that still comes water circuit - auto test. What can I do now?

Just take off the steam nozzle. Then it works again!