Advanced search

Krups EA8178

Problem with cleaning program

Markus V.

June 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

recently had a somewhat strange problem with the cleaning program on my Krups EA8178.

1. during the first cleaning cycle, part of the water should flow out of the coffee outlet and part into the drip cup. However, only a very short amount of water comes out of the coffee outlet at the beginning and the rest flows into the drip tray, which then merges nicely and the water collects under the machine dry.gif2. The Krups cleaning tablet is thrown out blink.gifinto the coffee grounds container after the 1st cycle, almost unused The 2nd cycle of cleaning (rinsing) still seems to work normally, however, as almost all the water runs out of the coffee outlet. The machine is still working properly in other respects as well, except that it spins a little when cleaning. Maybe somebody has an idea what you can do about it. smile.gif
Thanks
!

Hans S.

August 12, 2020 02:01 pm

Unregistered

I have the same problem as of today. Did you fix your mistake?
Thanks a lot.

Sergej

September 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Unregistered

I have this problem too. How do I solve the problem?

Markus V.

February 28, 2021 02:14 pm

Unregistered

Hello all,

I think I solved the problem, or at least the cleaning program works normally again for me. cool.gif
What have I done?
Since my Krups from the beginning only the government program by means of tablet demanded and never a descaling (which one can make apparently also only if the machine it demands), I became suspicious and I decided to start simply the cleaning program without tablet, but instead with a descaling solution in the water tank.
The program started with the known error that the water came only briefly from the coffee outlet and then only flowed into the drip tray. But after a few minutes, a little water suddenly came out of the coffee outlet again and became more with each rinse. cool.gif . Program ended normally and immediately started again with the cleaning tablet and lo and behold the cleaning program works normally again. It came with this cleaning extremely much dirt that I immediately after another cycle has started.
Conclusion: As it looks, the machine seems to be unable to run the cleaning program properly due to internal contamination/calcification. With the help of a descaling solution in the water tank, I was able to remove the dirt so far that the cleaning program works normally again.

Maybe this trick will work for others who suffer from the problem with the cleaning program.

Good luck!Mfg

Markus

July 18, 2022 09:55 pm

Unregistered

Thank you very much Markus I think it was a good reaction for me I had to wait too long no reaction still no water flowing from the nozzles I was stupid pfffff sleep.gif