Advanced search

Siemens EQ.6 S400 - Brews very hesitant, air??!

Brewing process, defective, drips, air

BlechMann

March 09, 2021 08:22 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 43060

Hello dear coffee community,

My name is Andreas and my wife and I are owners of a Siemens EQ.6 S400. We have always had some bad luck with it, within the warranty period it has been serviced twice, got a new pump and a new flowmeter.

Now it has been running normally for a long time, has been serviced and cleaned regularly. Basically it looks like it has hardly been used. In reality we get an average of 4 - 8 cups of coffee a day. Coffee specialities rather seldom. Age of the machine should be around 3 to 4 years.

Now to the problem and the measures taken so far
:Error: Machine starts the brewing process normally, coffee starts to run out of the spout, but after 2 to 3 seconds the coffee flow breaks in again, it looks like water is being drawn from an empty tank: It bubbles, steams and bubbles mainly from the coffee outlet. Sometimes more sometimes less. This process takes a long time, but the cup is full at the end. Flowmeter seems so i.O. - The coffee that comes out is crap though.

What I have done so far:
- Lines checked, here neither liquid seems to leak, nor air to enter.
- Ceramic valve replaced on suspicion. But has not changed the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas where else the problem could be? I have a suspicion, before I take action I thought but maybe someone here still has ne second opinion for me.

There is a video of the brewing process on YouTube if anyone wants to take a look.

MfG,
Andreas

Andromeda

March 15, 2021 08:48 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 34151

Hello Andreas,

From a distance there are the following possibilities.

- 1 . Pump defective-
2 . Water circuit clogged ( calcified )
- 3 . Coffee ground too finely

Check the following :

Strainer in water tank cleanPulsation damper
after pump permeablePlastic
heater connections permeableCeramic valve
has been replaced yes.
Brewing sieve and crema valve clean.

Via test mode you can control the pump and switch the ceramic valve in all directions.
You can also start from the pump and blow through all parts individually to see if there is any resistance.
With which means was the machine decalcified and when the last time ?

Greetings Alex

--------------------
Saeco Family
AEG Cafamosa CF85
Phillips HD5730
Siemens EQ7 L-Series
Melitta Caffeo CI