Advanced search

Miele CVA 5065 Drain tray empty Error

Message no longer disappears

elchi

February 20, 2020 10:03 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 37511

Help...up to now we could always somehow get a grip on all reports or problems of our 7 years of firmly installed coffee machine. But since 2 days we have tried everything to deactivate this suddenly appearing message. The machine still had 2 covers before the upcoming decalcification - presumably this is the reason for this message. Unfortunately I was not there and therefore I cannot quite understand it. The contacts on the drip tray are bright as lightning. The contacts in the device look normal. The drip tray was pushed in and out several times while the system was switched on. No movement. Even when switched on, removing the drip tray does not change the permanent messageOnly when I remove the brewing unit does it react and then display the message Insert brewing unit. When this has been done, Empty drip tray appears again. The main switch and also the fuse was turned on and off several times. I only know the problem during/after decalcification when a lot of steam has escaped, but then it could be solved quickly.
I really hope somebody else has an idea. I'm already coffee-deprived.
ohmy.gif

Schlawi

February 21, 2020 08:32 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Hello,

there may also be water on the contact springs. That's where the message comes from.
You can't necessarily see that from the outside.

elchi

February 21, 2020 08:50 am

Coffee drinker

Hello,

are the contact springs in the device? We have had the door open for more than 24 hours and the drip tray itself is also dry. Should be enough, right?sad.gifvgelchi

Schlawi

February 21, 2020 10:05 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Yeah, they're in the device. And if there is a leakage or dirt on the contacts then leaving them open will not help. Think that just opening and looking there will make it safe.

elchi

February 21, 2020 10:39 am

Coffee drinker

Yeah, okay. Could be.

What does opening mean? Remove the veneer?

Can you manage this as a layman or do you really have to call on customer service?

SHAB

March 01, 2020 01:06 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 37626

Hi

I had the same problem after returning from a long trip.

There was a water behind the clips in the machine. In the end I had to siphon it out using a small plastic tube which I could put down inside at the back. Fiddly for sure!
It took out a lot of water, which makes me think there may be a leak somewhere casing this.
Once the water was all gone, with a bit of extra sucking, I dried the contacts with kitchen paper and.... it was working again.
I will check this again to see if it was a leak or an accumulation over years. Water was pretty clear which makes me think it is a leak from the filler side.

bertiecord

January 29, 2021 06:07 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42745

I had this problem too, I took the machine out in the end and removed the back panel and the contacts were caked in coffee.

This was just the first sign of a bigger problem with the machine.

I've since cleaned it out, but looks like the leak is coming from the drainage valve. So if its something that keeps happening you might be worth checking it's not being caused by another issue.

June 12, 2022 11:23 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (SHAB @ March 01, 2020 01:06 pm)
Hi

I had the same problem after returning from a long trip.

There was a water behind the clips in the machine. In the end I had to siphon it out using a small plastic tube which I could put down inside at the back. Fiddly for sure!
It took out a lot of water, which makes me think there may be a leak somewhere casing this.
Once the water was all gone, with a bit of extra sucking, I dried the contacts with kitchen paper and.... it was working again.
I will check this again to see if it was a leak or an accumulation over years. Water was pretty clear which makes me think it is a leak from the filler side.

biggrin.gif thank you for all advise smile.gif
4cups drained out and on track of leak between the water coitener and pump that takes water to make coffee
Thank you for help