EA8150 - water distributor runs after

Water distributor runs after

pinky73

May 03, 2022 02:01 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 52775

Greetings,
after a complete seal overhaul I have the problem that the machine runs the water manifold, either immediately after switching on (ie before heating) or after making coffee. It used to do that in between. Meanwhile, it's after almost every cup of coffee. If I didn't know better, I would think the waterworks doesn't know its position and is calibrating. Or somewhere there is still too much pressure in the system, but where and why?
Coffee water in the pomace is 4cl when turned on and rinsed, and 2cl after a cup of coffee. So everything is fine.
Crema and pressure balance in the cylinder are super, because up inside everything looks nice and clean, except for a bissschen coffee dust, from grinding.
Drainage I have checked several times. Seal is new and operated with and without silicone grease. Changes nothing to the pre- or post-run of the waterworks.
If the microswitches on the WV were defective, I'm sure the machine would no longer work.
Do you have any other ideas why the water distributor is running down? And no, I haven't opened it yet, because according to the forum, there are only ceramic gears in it and it is normally maintenance-free. It doesn't make sense to me to open it, because it obviously works very well, except for the overrun.
Thanks in advance for any constructive ideas.

And please no comments that the machine is crap, etc.
The maintenance may not be easy, but is doable and fun wink.gif
PS: Coffee is hot and extremely tasty with the right coffee smile.gif

Short basic history of the machine: .... after over 4 years of trouble-free operation, the piston seals were gone and as you know, a complete revision of all seals was necessary

Unfortunately, there are some seals with lousy quality, so that I had to replace some of them after 5 years.
The most interesting of these was the last one, namely the crema valve. The old one was completely hardened and let the pressure through/blown off much too late. Had the consequence that the cleaning with the tabs worked poorly and the pressure was not completely released after preparation, because the pressure in the chamber was quite simply too high and thus the time was too short. Exchange was of course only possible with a complete piston. The CV gibts not individually sad.gif
The hydraulic cylinder is also completely revised because water penetrated and let the upper spring ring waggammeln.Gar not so easy to get a new ring at a reasonable price.

Rallee

May 09, 2022 08:05 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 50458

Hey Pinky, I assume that you mean that water comes out of the spout before or after coffee was prepared?

Greetings Ralle

pinky73

May 17, 2022 07:55 am

Coffee drinker

Hello Rallee, no, that's the part that directs the water into the pressure cylinder of the hydraulics or through the brewing cylinder, as needed. I got me last week Silkonfett: OKS 1110 and on the WE the whole machine again disassembled and all seals, including in the hydraulic cylinder, regreased. I had for the first time also from the water distributor (the part with the small E-motor on it, open, but only the cover with motor down. inside it looked good and I have been scrupulously careful that nothing twists when I take off. Since it looked great, I screwed it back together, but briefly sprayed the e-motor and micro switches in the opening of the motor with Elektonik contact spray. Then assembled the machine, tested it. The electric motor is now no longer audible. Noticeably quieter. You can only hear the ceramic gear of the waterworks, which the motor drives.
And what is much more important, the machine only activated and probably initialized the water distributor at the very first switch-on. Throughout the WE, the water manifold was not activated out of sequence. That's the way it has to be smile.gif
What exactly was the problem now? I do not know. Possibly a timing problem? Vll needed the E-motor only a little contact care? I do not know. In any case, it now runs like on the first day. TOP!
this topic is closed for me and maybe it helps someone else wink.gif Good luck biggrin.gif

pinky73

May 17, 2022 08:00 am

Coffee drinker

And no, when the water distributor is active, water does not come out of the machine's openings anywhere. The pump is always activated after the water distributor has been adjusted in order to pump the water into the hydraulic cylinder or the coffee block. The WV is the noise between the individual processes, if you do not hear the pump wink.gif

Rallee

May 17, 2022 10:02 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 50458

Hey Pinky, that was not why I asked this question.
You said that runs into the pomace water what then probably rather the drip tray can be.
As far as I know from my machine, it leaves the excess water from the pressure chamber and the pressure cylinder in the drip tray and that would be so 40 -50 ml.
That was my guess to that effect.

Valve position and lines are most likely with a pressureless system.

GreetingsRallee