Advanced search

Magnifica s ecam 22.110.b virbates very strongly

Gast_Michael

October 06, 2021 03:53 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

above mentioned VA vibrates very strongly lately - first he grinds the beans normally, then there is always an intermediate hum and after a short pause the coffee runs. During this humming, that is before the coffee is brewed, the machine vibrates strongly, you can feel it quite clearly if you place your hand firmly on the machine. I noticed this once when the machine suddenly shook precariously in all directions.

With which part could the error lie?

Thank you very much and many greetings,

Michael

Schlawi

October 06, 2021 09:46 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Is it when repressing before brewing? It's hard to tell. Drive?
Can you make a video, upload somewhere and link here?

zorack

October 07, 2021 01:43 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 46103

Hello Schlawi,

I have logged in to be able to upload something as well. In the video, from second 9 to second 17/18, you can hear the "buzzing" intermediate step. This time, unfortunately, without any visible vibration. The vibration does not always take place, but when sometimes so strong that the whole machine shakes (stands on a flat surface and stable).

Unfortunately, I can not clearly identify all the steps in the 22.110 - sure, when it grinds, it is clearly identifiable, then several noises with rattling (something moves), then brief pause. Then this several seconds long humming - I always had that, so "normal" (recently just added the vibration), then again a short pause, then again briefly sounds, then starts the coffee output. Is there a link somewhere that describes the individual steps (including the machine parts involved) in the coffee dispensing process? Then I could better isolate problems in the future.

I bought a good used one now, but maybe the problem can be fixed without huge effort with a spare part?

Thank you very much and many greetings,

Michael

Schlawi

October 07, 2021 03:21 pm

Expert

Now the video is missing.

zorack

October 07, 2021 03:35 pm

Coffee drinker

It was gone for a short time because I had edited the article. Now it should be visible.

Schlawi

October 07, 2021 05:23 pm

Expert

That's the pump. Is the coffee still running normally? Doesn't sound healthy. Maybe it's defective.

zorack

October 07, 2021 05:36 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks. Sometimes there are chirp-like noises when the coffee is running, and often the stream is replaced by a drip. Neither has ever bothered me, but the vibration does.

Is there anywhere a description of the steps (including the machine parts involved), for later analysis?

Schlawi

October 07, 2021 07:53 pm

Expert

Look at komtra.de. There are videos on how to open the machine.

zorack

October 07, 2021 08:04 pm

Coffee drinker

Thank you, I meant rather, how the machine works and when which machine parts (drive, pump, etc.) come into use - so that I can identify later possible defects faster.

I had already registered with Komtra yesterday and watched a few repair videos today.

First, thank you for your help - is not self-evident, if a (previously still) guest writes in a forum. The pump is quite cheap as a spare part, then I'll try it.

Schlawi

October 08, 2021 07:00 am

Expert

The process is relatively simple. Grind falls into the brew group. Drive then moves the brew group upwards to the upper brewing piston, then the pump is briefly actuated (pre-brewing). Then the brew group moves up a small step and then the pump starts and brews the coffee. When finished, the brew group moves back down and the coffee grounds are thrown into the coffee grounds container. Then the brewing group moves back to the starting position.
That was it in the rough.

zorack

October 08, 2021 09:14 am

Coffee drinker

Hello Schlawi,

super, thank you!

zorack

October 27, 2021 02:50 pm

Coffee drinker

Hi Schlawi,

Thanks for your help :-)

The new pump had the same problem. Since probably the OBK often causes many of the general problems, I have this times removed, disassembled and cleaned. In the process, I broke off the tube with the coffee spout, I was able to put the hose from the coffee spout over the rest, reassemble everything and then started the machine. The problem continued and after a few cups no water came out of the spout at all, it ended up completely in the sink. So I had checked the OBK, the barbs that hold the spring valve are partially broken out, as well as now finally the rest of the plastic tube over which the hose of the coffee spout is pulled. Material fatigue - and so I ordered a new OBK. I cleaned all the outlets and hoses from the thermoblock onwards, including the expansion chamber. With the new OBK, the coffee ran again, but still as a trickle and it took several seconds for any rinse water or coffee to come out at all. Finally I read up on some topics again and cleaned all the pressure hoses from the pump to the thermoblock, I also took apart the flowmeter. After that the coffee came out normally with no wait and also the pump only buzzed for a very short time and then was quiet as usual. Last, I tested the old pump - and lo and behold, this also worked quickly and quietly. Apart from the crumbling OBK, there had to be a blockage or similar somewhere between the pump and the thermoblock. I didn't even have to replace a seal.

I learned a lot about the function of the 22.110 and the effort was worth it. Coffee from the self-repaired machine tastes even better.