Advanced search

Jura F50 metal particles

Metal particles in the steam

xyger

April 24, 2021 07:15 pm

Unregistered

Servus beinand,

I got a Jura F50 for my home use as a gift. This I have decalcified, disassembled and cleaned. The machine had about 10k cups down. The grinder has already been replaced. At first I had the problem that the coffee was only 50 degrees warm. Temperature sensor at the thermocouple exchanged, clearly better. to 60 degrees.
With the thermocouple version 2 (plug connections) the water flow is 1a when rinsing with syringe. They say the thermocouple has a stainless steel wire running through it. On both sides I can insert a wire that stops at exactly the same length on both sides. I.e. for me, the wires are broken in the core.

Here's the deal: When I run the machine, coffee and hot water everything is ok. As soon as you switch to steam, you have silver little metal shavings in the in the steam water!

Disassembled everything individually, rinsed again by hand until everything is clean. Machine operated with steam, again shavings. Done twice, always with the same result....

I have no desire to consume aluminum in this quantity. Is it really the thermocouple or could it come from somewhere else?

Replacing the element would mean water contact with aluminium again, but "for now" no chips.

VGXyger

Schlawi

April 24, 2021 09:14 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Hi,

how does the steam pipe look inside? That would still be the only thing that is alloyed.

xyger

April 25, 2021 11:09 am

Unregistered

Servus,

the problem is also without steam pipe, ie without valve only with hose. And only with steam production. If you rinse through, there is no more particle in hot water.

Operated the machine by the previous owner never with filter and regularly treated with the Jura descaler and cleaner.

Found a video on YouTube where the thermocouple was sawed apart. Would say it has stainless steel tubes throughout and no aluminum contact.

A mystery :-D

VG

Schlawi

April 25, 2021 12:13 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Yes. Of course the stainless steel pipes go through. Where your chips come from I can not say. Except that in the TB the stainless steel pipe is through somewhere. I can not imagine, but who knows....
Otherwise just exchange for a new one. Is now also not too expensive.

xyger

April 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Unregistered

Thank you for your information! Will think about it.

I also noticed that there is a kind of brown algae film in the hoses up to the pump. Can you do against the precautionary in operation what?

Almaty

April 25, 2021 05:03 pm

Barista

Member No.: 30026

Hose from tank to pump usually turns brown when machine is used with filter.