Advanced search

Coffee grounds in the Z8

jazer   

January 01, 2018 09:06 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 31696

Servus,

I am now the owner of a new Z8 and am quite happy with it.
However, I am of course worried about the hygiene of the machine and always clean it after the covers as described in the manual.

What I noticed was that coffee powder is on the back of the residual water bowl after the covers. So I was very far away from the pomace.
So I tried to get in very carefully with a damp cloth and tried to fish the coffee powder out of the machine. Now I have read the following:
"brewing groups that cannot be removed are usually constructed in such a way that no coffee powder can escape and thus the risk of mold growth is minimized" (Welt.de)

I am now wondering whether I may have received a defective machine. Or is it normal that there's always coffee powder in the machine?

Is my first law, so I'm a little confused.

PS: Because I have the post /forums/...showtopic=12900
, now I'm even more insecure, if I'm not also flowering like this.

Tuxtom007

January 08, 2018 08:05 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 30680

Hello,

>I asked myself the same question with my Giga5.

In and out there there is also some coffee powder on the surface behind the marc container, that's not much and not always and it's apparently also fresh coffee powder, it's powder dry.

Lt.dealer there is no reason to worry

It seems to come rather from one of the two grinders and not from the brewing group.

I should observe it, if it is worse we and then if necessary check the machine times. Now at the weekend there was nothing to see.

--------------------
Jura Giga5 mit Wireless Milch-Kühler

Kaffeepoint

January 10, 2018 08:01 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

The Z8 has an aroma + grinder. Runs only half as long as the normal ones and already spits out a lot of powder. This then falls into an open shaft and from there into the brewing chamber. Something can go wrong. But it will come in over time

As such no worries

MfG Paul

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

Apfelzimttasche   

November 27, 2019 03:49 pm

Unregistered

Well, I'm not so sure about that!

Had the problem collecting powder in the lower part exactly through this defect.

This meant that no more coffee came out, the machine had to be refilled after each attempt.

Call at Juraservice: .... with "Jura" at the tel. drip tray out, hand in.... to the back and then upwards and remove the powder from the sieve carrier. (supposedly due to the too fine degree of painting, medium (light beans))PRO: After that the machine ran flawlessly againContra
: the machine (Z8 2019) is now barely 4 months old and actually something like this shouldn't
happen at
all
. There (below the brewing group will be in any case schoimmel form, if always a little remains hanging, or) I am a little disappointed by JURA, for the price of 2499, - I would have expected after 4 months more. I consider whether I send you in next time simply, approx. every 4 months, the whole 3 x and then again away with it (conversion). But, the grind was changed and let's see what happens now. Apple cinnamon baghttps://www.kaffeevollautomaten.org/kaffeemaschinen/jura/1346_impress-z-8/

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22501

That's what I call high level complaining...

All fully automatic coffee machines get dirty internally after a certain time. Because they're subject to real wear and tear from heat, pressure and steam.

Therefore one should also wait them in certain distances..otherwise mold can form... But it is rather rare with the high quality ones... like with a Porsche... with that one also does not wait until the inspection is overdue...

Lucky68

December 28, 2019 09:05 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 17217

...that has nothing to do with the price range ;-) They all rot if they are not maintained. Here a Z6 from 2015. 4 years without maintenance after 8000 covers...I felt a kilo of stinking mass coming out.

Attached Image

Lucky68

December 28, 2019 09:07 am

Coffee lover

Or a J9 without maintenance...

Lucky68

December 28, 2019 09:12 am

Coffee lover

Or an ENA micro...

Attached Image

Schlawi

December 28, 2019 11:47 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

If you do not care for and clean a machine, even a removable brewing unit will not help.
These are extreme. I recently had a Nivona that looked something like this

Lucky68

December 28, 2019 02:46 pm

Coffee lover

Hall of Shame ohmy.gif