Advanced search

Machine test / test mode (for devices without display)

test the drive, the heater...

Gast_Chris

January 31, 2021 09:46 pm

Unregistered

Hello all.
I came across the following info and would like to share it with you. Maybe it helps one or the other to repair his machine.
Testmode:
Unplug the machine, turn on the power switch at the back. Then press and hold the buttons for 1 cup and steam at the same time and then insert the mains plug into the socket. Do not release the buttons until the LEDs for 1 cup, 2 cups and steam have lit up. The DeLonghi coffee machine is now in test mode.
HeaterTheheater
is switched on as long as the rinse button is pressed and held down. When the temperature in the heater is reached, the LEDs go off***Water

pumpPress and hold the hot water or steam button to switch on the pump

However, this only works when the water tank is full***Grinder unitThe

grinder is switched on as long as the ECO or the powder button is pressed***Drive
upThe
drive moves up when the 1-cup coffee button is pressed and held

When the limit switch is reached, the LED for this button lights up***Drive
downThe
drive moves

down when the 2-cup coffee button

is held down.

When the limit switch is reached, the LED of this button will light up***Water
quantity
knobHold down the on/off button while turning the water quantity knob

On the far left the Fill water LED is lit, in the middle the Empty pulp container LED is lit and on the far right the General fault LED is
lit***Powder quantity
knobKeep
the
On/Off button pressed while turning the powder quantity knob

On the far left the LED for one cup of coffee is lit, in the middle 2 cups of coffee is lit and on the far right the LED for steam is litIt

helped

me a

lot. I was able to manually move the brewing unit and thus remove it again, then cleaned everything, greased it and checked it with the other items....
Machine runs again biggrin.gif
Wish you good luck!

elbee111

February 08, 2022 03:14 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 49763

Now that was an extremely helpful post. Thanks for sharing that info.
I have a Magnifica ESAM 03.110 that hangs after switch on with the 1 and 2 cup lights flashing as normal but it just stays that way. The pump seems not to be working and I am a little suspicious re the heater also. I will soldier on and try to fix it armed with more information.

Once again thanks. El Bee