Thermal sensor CS5200

Check resistance

AJ2015

June 20, 2015 01:10 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 27222

Hello,
I was busy today with my defective AEG Silencio CS5200. The preheating takes extremely long and the coffee only gets lukewarm.
Long time ago I downloaded a manual on the net with the resistors.
After that the heating of the thermoblock should have a resistance of 40-50 Ohm. I measured 84.7. So I assume that it is broken, or?
I have difficulties measuring the theme sensor. Here 110 kOhm at 23° are indicated. When I set my multimeter to 20k or 200k I measure 10 - 10.08 at room temperature. I'm not very familiar with measuring, so I'm not sure if I'm measuring the wrong way or if the sensor is defective.
Could anyone bring light into the dark for me?
Completely removed I haven't removed the sensor yet, so I can't measure with boiling water. But if I heat with a lighter lightly (5 sec.) the resistance decreases to 4-6 (also at 20k or 200K).
I would be glad about a helpful feedback. Also to my acceptance with the thermoblock.
Thanks and greetings
Andreas

looser

June 20, 2015 02:06 pm

Expert

Member No.: 5600

The thermoblock is defective.
Can you take a new sensor with you?

--------------------
Nach vielen verschiedenen KVA habe ich jetzt meinen Seelenfrieden. WMF 800 :-)

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

AJ2015

June 29, 2015 07:20 pm

Coffee drinker

I have now bought a new thermoblock and also a new thermosensor. Before I installed the thermoblock, I measured the resistance and found that it is about the same as my old one - 85.7 Ohm (see appendix). sad.gif
Now, of course, I thought the new one was defective, but the seller told me that the measured resistance was correct.
The statement was "...Each heating loop must have about 86 ohms. Together (connected in series) the result is about 43 Ohm".
I have now only exchanged the thermosensor, cleaned the brewing flask and the brewing group.
The heating time is about 4 minutes and the coffee has a temperature of 63 degrees.
Is this normal? Should the coffee be hotter? Should the heat-up time be shorter? Since the machine has been defective for over a year now, I can't remember how long it used to take to heat up.
What do I do with the measured resistance? Is the seller right? How can I then measure the correct resistance of 40-50 Ohm?
greeting
Andreas

Attached Image

looser

June 29, 2015 08:41 pm

Expert

The old TB was defective after all.
Build in the new one.
clamp the cables and the two heating loops have about 40 Ohm. These are not connected in series but in parallel.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

AJ2015

June 30, 2015 08:20 am

Coffee drinker

The old TB was defective.

As already mentioned, the measured resistance of the old (84.7 Ohm) was about the same as that of the new (85.7 Ohm). Then why would the old man be defective? I don't want to change a component on good luck without knowing if it is broken.
Connect the wires and the two heating loops have about 40 Ohm.

Where/How can I measure this value? I can get to 40 Ohm?
Can anyone else say anything at the expected warm-up times, neither with nor without connected wires?

jokel

June 30, 2015 09:08 am

Expert

Member No.: 1411

Old thermoblock defective, nothing more to say.

Greeting Stefan

--------------------
Esam 6600 PrimaDonna
Ich helfe gerne und freue mich über jede Rückmeldung, was leider nicht immer vorkommt. Fragen werden NUR im Forum beantwortet.

Mal bist du Hund, mal bist du Baum.

AJ2015

June 30, 2015 10:19 am

Coffee drinker

Too bad that my questions aren't answered.
This statement doesn't help me at all.

Old thermoblock defective, there's nothing more to say.

I'd like to mention again that I replaced the thermosensor. Since then the coffee seems to get warmer, namely 63 degrees.
What temperature should it have?
How long should the warm-up take?
I would be grateful if someone could answer these two simple questions.

looser

June 30, 2015 10:34 am

Expert

The seller has already explained it to you, almost correctly.

To your questions.
About 70 degrees with the 3rd reference in the beam.
I estimate the warm-up time at 2 minutes.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

AJ2015

June 30, 2015 02:43 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the temperature indication and the information about the warm-up time.
Interesting is the indication "...with the 3rd purchase in the jet".
I measured the coffee temperature in the cup with a room-warm cup.
Mir has also noticed that the temperature rises slightly at the second and third occupancy (with new cups).
D.h. for me, that I have no reduction to the setpoint at the temperature.
Single the warm-up time is about twice as long for me. I can live with that and I won't replace the thermoblock.
I still don't know how and where to measure the 40-50 Ohm, but in the end it doesn't matter anymore. But it would be interesting anyway.

Thanks and greetings
Andreas

looser

June 30, 2015 03:02 pm

Expert

The thermoblock has 2 heating loops. One's got about 83 ohms. Measure the heating loops individually.
Parallel connected and then to measure the 40 Ohm seems to be too complicated for you. But it is not bad, there are already several failed because of it.

The cup temperature has no influence with the temperature measurement since it is measured in the beam. If you know what I mean.
coffee stream from the coffee spout.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de