Advanced search

Rotary switch Program selection

Rotary switch no longer works

tapsmilou

June 14, 2016 08:17 am

Unregistered

With our EQ7 L series, the rotary switch for selecting a coffee variant no longer works properly. When turning to the desired program it always jumps back and forth. It is very difficult to set the desired program. According to Siemens, such an error is not known.
Is there a similar problem in the forum? More importantly, how can this be solved cost-effectively?
Thank you for the answers.

Hugo811

July 03, 2016 10:58 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 28959

Hi,

I join the previous speaker - we have exactly the same problem with our eq7 plus!
I wanted to ask again and push the question a bit higher.... Maybe someone has an idea or even a solution for the problem with the rotary control?
This is really annoying to always need 2 minutes to select the right cafe...

Many thanks!
Greetings Hugo

HWS

July 03, 2016 03:49 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24376

Good sunday,

Best buy a machine to cannibalize on ebay. The part is called: Siemens EQ 7 Display Module. Sometimes there is a used module to buy.
To remove the part, the front must be removed, i.e. the machine must be dismantled as far as possible. The module itself cannot be repaired. A new module costs 121,80 Euro directly from Siemens.

Gruss HWS

Gedie

December 05, 2017 03:17 pm

Unregistered

My problem was the same. Nobody believes that Siemens doesn't know the error Nobody! The Internet is full of this topic.

I helped myself today (and thus very cheaply). Thanks to Youtube videos (many thanks to KomTrade!) you can see how to disassemble the machine. With me it was not as fluid as in the video, but at some point the lid was off. The rotary switch is then visible from above. I put in a few blasts of contact spray and turned it in between again and again. Now it works again! I hope for a very long time, because the assembly was not easy either.

From Siemens I find it shameful to use such a cheap component in such an expensive machine. Do better... #33;

February 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Unregistered

Hello,
had the same problem with the knob on my EQ-7, jumped wildly back and forth. Then I went to the Konrad (or similar shop) and got me an electronic cleaning & tuning spray. The knob can be pulled off with a little force, and then I sprayed the spray into the hole quite full. Included with the operating instructions of the spray. Inside, the "dirt" then runs into the drip tray, then the knob turned wild a few times, again some spray, let dry and - voilà, the machine works since several months like new again.
Dismember: Zero, working time: 5 minutes, cost: the spray, nothing else...
Maybe this helps one or the other victim of the knob problem...
LG., Kurt img src='https://www.kaffeevollautomaten.org/forums/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='rolleyes.gif' />

Josy

August 02, 2018 02:53 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest @ Tuesday, February 13th, 2018)February 2018, 12:24pm)
Hello,
had the same problem with my EQ-7 with the knob, jumped wildly back and forth. Then I went to the Konrad (or similar shop) and got me an electronic cleaning & tuning spray. The knob can be pulled off with a little force, and then I sprayed the spray into the hole quite full. Included with the operating instructions of the spray. Inside, the "dirt" then runs into the drip tray, then the knob turned wild a few times, again some spray, let dry and - voilà, the machine works since several months like new again.
Dismember: Zero, working time: 5 minutes, costs: the spray, nothing else...
Maybe this helps one or the other victim of the knob problem...
LG.., Kurt rolleyes.gif

Thanks Kurt - that was my salvation. I was about to send the EQ7 for repair... A toast to this tip.

Gast_Chris

December 18, 2018 02:07 am

Unregistered

Hello ,
Can I also remove the selector switch at Eq.8 ?
Greß Christian

Gast_Sonja   

December 19, 2018 10:03 am

Unregistered

Würde mich auch brennend interessieren ...!!! blink.gif

Gast_Ronald

December 22, 2018 07:57 pm

Unregistered

Hi,
had the same problem with my EQ7 and the tip to spray the contact spray into the rotary switch is "top"!!! ! It worked great and coffee can be set again. Thank you... #33;

Gast_Charly   

January 07, 2019 06:03 pm

Unregistered

Thank you, the idea with the contact spray worked out very well;

Gast_Olaf   

March 28, 2019 09:57 am

Unregistered

Thanks for the tip with the contact spray.
Had the same problem with Siemens.
You really need power to pull the button, but don't give up!

Repair instead of buying new ! That's the only way. Our ancestors did, too. And so can we. Keep up the good work.

Gast_Reinhard

May 01, 2019 07:09 pm

Unregistered

Thank you very much for the ingenious tip.
Worked great on my EQ8. I hope this works for some time.

Gast_Gerry1000   

May 02, 2019 01:44 pm

Unregistered

Our EQ.8 300 has the same problem. Is now 4 years old (approx. 3500 cups of coffee) and since 2-3 months the selection always jumps back and forth when you turn the knob. It's really annoying !I
also find it shameful when Siemens says they
don't
know the
problem !I'll
try the contact spray now - hopefully I'll get the knob off without it breaking
Greetings
Gerry

Gast_Fred   

July 12, 2019 02:10 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Reinhard @ Wednesday, 01 May 2019, 19:09 hrs)
Thank you very much for the ingenious tip.
Worked great on my EQ8. I hope this works for some time.

Especially with my eq7 aromasense z-series a large amount of this contact spray spray sprayed into... And the knob works fine again! SUPER TIP!

Gast_Fred

July 12, 2019 02:13 pm

Unregistered

And Siemens wanted just under 250 euros for the repair!

Seite 123