Advanced search

Siemens EQ5 Machiato "water tank" and gauge pressure

Despite cleaning machine/brewing group

SebastianN

October 16, 2019 05:10 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I had my Siemens EQ5 macchiato fully automatic coffee maker "repaired" at a customer service because it was often unable to build up the pressure when it was being used for coffee and then no more coffee came. This
means: you can hear the pump working, a few drops of coffee run through and then the pump noise becomes quieter and at some point the
machine
releases
the "overpressure" to the side.

Then it must be vented via the water supply,

which also works without problems.

After a cleaning it often goes a few cups, then it

fails again with the same error.

During customer service, the appliance was cleaned intensively inside and in the brewing group and then returned to me. Unfortunately after

2 cups the same game...

So

back to the vending machine.

This time it was taken apart again and everything was checked, no error could

be found. With the

customer service together we have then 4 large cups there on site still successfully referred and I am then again home in the hope that

now everything is good.

Unfortunately today with the 1st cup again the same problem - no coffee possible, only a few drops, then

past again.

So now I'm 125.00 Euros poorer, machine still

broken.

They would install a new electronic for me as a gesture of goodwill (electronics estimated at about 150 Euro, the assembly would then be free of charge).

At a

total cost of almost 300Euro I can

buy

a new device

One more tip for me? What chances do I have that the unsuccessful repair will be cheaper? (the cost of the estimate was 25,00

Euro).

HWS

December 17, 2019 10:03 am

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24376

I think it needs a new pump. I've had that problem before. And after installing a new pump, coffee came out again.

Mfg cervical spine