Advanced search

Melitta Barista TS Smart milkfroth question

Jim83

January 12, 2022 08:56 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 48773

Hi!

I have owned a Melitta Barista TS for about a month and am mostly happy with it.

Before I bought the machine I checked a lot of reviews and videos online and what I notice is that when the machine pumps the milk it makes a thumping sound, it is completely normal and can be heard on all videos I have seen but the difference is that on all videos I seen, it pumps / thumps a couple of times quickly in the beginning and then calms down in pace when the milk has started to flow. On my machine, however, it is the same sound / tempo of pumping / thumping in the beginning but then it increases and is much faster on my machine. I think this is a bit strange even though it usually works well with the milk on my machine despite the difference, although it sometimes stops quickly with the milk before it continues to flow again.

Attach a movie on how it sounds on my machine (you may need to cheat to hear properly) Then I attach some links to youtube videos with other machines that ALL sound the same. My question then is why it sounds different and has a higher tempo on my copy than everyone else I have seen / heard? Is there an explanation?

The milk frother works as intended most of the times but sometimes it stops briefly before it continues.

Here are the links to other machines of the same kind.it's the thumping sound when it's making milk that I'm talking about.

Here is my machine:

https://imgur.com/a/kLjSRYz

Here is examples of other machines.

Br Jimmy

Schlawi

January 12, 2022 05:08 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Works like it should. I think the software is different on yours than on the others on the video. Where I have only looked at the first.
At the beginning of heating your slower clocked, and when the heater has its temperature clocks the pump faster.