WMF 1000pro or Jura Impressa Z5 2@1 ???

Which device is more recommended?

johndoe

November 14, 2008 03:30 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 3073

Hello!

>I think a typical reason to get lost in a forum about fully automatic coffee machines is that you want to buy one. biggrin.gif
I didn't get lost like that, I rather searched, but no matter... wink.gif
Back to topic.
- The following basic prerequisites:
- Coffee drinkers of various coffee variations
- Spouse technically rather naïve (press button, that must suffice)
- 2 cups simultaneously basic condition
- Extensiveness of care and maintenance and simplicity a must
- Individually adaptable program modes.

> Secondary acquisition costs. Quality of machine, service and beverages is paramount.

Which machine can be recommended under these aspects? Where are the weak points of the machines?

Many thanks already in advance.

Greetings and a beautiful WE wishes johndoe

November 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Unregistered

Hello johndoe,
With your requirements you have reduced the selection of fully automatic coffee machines to Jura and especially to the Impressa series. I had similar requirements and chose the Impressa S7. My 18-month experience with the device is consistently positive.
Important: Always use water filter (1 filter approx. € 10 / holds approx. 50 l coffee = 350 cups) And no less important: Only use coffee that says "Suitable for fully automatic coffee machines". Otherwise you run the risk of messing up the grinder with waxed beans. Cleaning is carried out at the push of a button and is menu-driven throughout, making it child's play. The cleaning cycles (depending on the quantity of coffee produced) ensure a consistently high quality. Conclusion: There are a lot of cheaper coffee machines, but very few better ones ;-))

Greß
GSz

Hisholy

November 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Guest @ Tuesday, 18.November 2008, 10:23am)
Important: Always use a water filter

And more important: Descale the machine regularly despite using the filter. Otherwise after a while the heaters will be scrap!

Gregorthom

November 18, 2008 02:05 pm

Expert

Member No.: 312

By the way, "waxed" beans are not a danger to the grinding mechanism, but caramelized beans, i.e. beans with added sugar.

"waxed" beans do not exist, would also not taste wink.gif>

Nevertheless, you don't have to limit your selection to beans whose packaging says "Suitable for fully automatic machines" or "Suitable for all espresso machines". There are only few roasts that are provided with a sugar addition.

If the initial costs are secondary, then I would resort to WMF.

Greeting
Gregor

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

Miss Kaffee

November 18, 2008 04:23 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 2428

Hello,

how do I know exactly if a bean is caramelised and if it is suitable for VA ?

I got a packet of coffee Zumtobel Melange whole bean for free,
but I don't dare to give it to my WMF either, because it doesn't explicitly say
fully automatic.

Thank you for your answers and greetings Miss coffee

Gregorthom

November 18, 2008 04:50 pm

Expert

Member No.: 312

Either there is a note on the packaging stating that the beans have added sugar, or you simply ask the manufacturer if you are unsure.
Zumtobel has only sugar-free roasts on offer to the best of my knowledge, so you can use them without hesitation.

Greß
Gregor

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

johndoe

November 18, 2008 05:41 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 3073

First of all thank you very much for the answers.

I spent a long time browsing through the forum on Friday and got a lot of input. After that I drove into the specialized trade. Fortunately there is one of us who is specialized in these devices. In addition to Jura, he leads Saeco and WMF. There I could try out both machines. My better half found the Jura easier / more intuitive to use. And of course biggrin.gif more beautiful. Women think there nevertheless differently then we men.

Back at home (with the appropriate folders in the hand) I investigated prices in the net on instruction of my wife. laugh.gif
While I could get the WMF 1000pro for about 300,- Euro under UVP, there was the Jura in chrome for 1800,- Euro.

This difference, in combination with the according to my wife better operation and the more beautiful appearance led to the purchase of Jura.

One hour ago she came. The matching coffee was already bought yesterday at the Italian delicatessen wholesaler (fully automatic coffee) and is steaming in my cup. LECKER!!!

Had my wife not urged me to finally buy me a fully automatic machine, I would still be dreaming today. Now I have to find myself another dream. At least I can do that now with a tasty cup of black gold in my hand.