Water leakage

Water under the machine

gilda2023

February 19, 2023 10:52 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 63193

Hello,
my parents have a Krups fully automatic coffee machine that has been leaking not a little water at the bottom when brewing coffee for some time now. It leaks at a certain place, see photo.

Does anyone have an idea what this strange "loop" at the bottom is for and why water can leak there?

It would of course be nice if I could locate the defect and repair it. Unfortunately, the warranty has already expired.

Thanks for your help!!

https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/i/mapf-1-f5f2.jpg

MrLed

February 20, 2023 07:31 pm

Barista

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 31782

Do you have a more precise type of machine?
I personally can't do much with "Krups". There are Krups, where the inner workings were from Jura and there are Krups, where the inner workings are junk in my opinion.
They are designed so that after the end of the warranty period, the machines usually die.
If it is a newer machine, some seal will be defective. In the worst case, the water hydraulics have a defect.

Eelco

March 11, 2023 07:07 pm

Unregistered

Hi, the loop on the picture is a ty-rap to secure the waterpump in place. The pump is suspended in rubbers, it is just an extra fixture. Water leaking at that point may well be the water seal under the water tank. If the seal is not watertight some water could leak into the machine. The seal is visible when you remove the water tank, check it for damage, lime scale or other pollution, if necessary it is quite easy to replace it.

Hope it helps!