Advanced search

Jura E60 coffee after basic cleaning very thin

After assembly one component is left

AlexLu

March 12, 2022 08:23 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 50764

Hello, I could get cheap a Jura E60. This wat however in a bad condition. So machine disassembled and cleaned. Brew group I have not opened until now. After reassembly I have a component left (see picture) and do not know where this belongs. Can anyone tell me where this needs to be installed? The coffee is very thin at the moment. Must be because of this. Thanks for your help. Greetings Alex

Schlawi

March 12, 2022 09:10 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Hi,

what an E60, new or old model.
Picture is none to see.
Thin coffee can come from a worn grinder.

AlexLu

March 16, 2022 10:11 pm

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (Schlawi @ Saturday, 12 March 2022, 08:10 PM)
Hi,

What kind of E60, new or old model.
Picture is none to see.

Hi, my picture was not uploaded for some reason. Will try again now. I disassembled the grinder, unfortunately without marking it. ImmMoment it is so that the coffee looks quite good from the grain. However, the pomace is quite moist. Basic setting at the grinder I have tried. But I'm not sure if I did everything right. The crema in the coffee and espresso fits. Only I am missing some flavor in the covers. I also see that during preparation after a very short time almost only thin liquid, almost like water runs into the cup.
Attached Image

AlexLu

March 16, 2022 10:14 pm

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (AlexLu @ Wednesday, 16 March 2022, 21:11)
QUOTE (Schlawi @ Saturday, March 12, 2022, 08:10 PM)
Hi,

What kind of E60, new or old model.
Picture is none to be seen.

Hi, my picture was not uploaded for some reason. Will try again now. I disassembled the grinder, unfortunately without marking it. ImmMoment it is so that the coffee looks quite good from the grain. However, the pomace is quite moist. Basic setting at the grinder I have tried. But I'm not sure if I did everything right. The crema in the coffee and espresso fits. Only I am missing some flavor in the covers. I also see that during preparation after a very short time almost only thin liquid, almost like water runs into the cup.

Here is a picture of the nameplate of the machine
Attached Image

Schlawi

March 16, 2022 10:22 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Is the new model with an Aroma+ grinder. There are no grinding cones to buy more. If the grinder is worn, a new one must go in.
If the grind is correct and the coffee is thin then that is probably the case.
You can make a second mass reference. Since the brewing chamber of the brewing unit should then be almost full with powder.

AlexLu

March 16, 2022 10:31 pm

Coffee drinker

I used the machine before disassembly. The coffee was fine then. It was only sometimes so that no coffee came out of the outlet valve during a reference. Noise all normal. When I pushed the spout down, it worked. Therefore the basic cleaning. Can you help me with the component? Where does it have to go?