Siemens EQ 6 plus 700

Straßenbahn

October 15, 2023 07:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 68968

Hello,
we have the following problem with our Siemens EQ 6 plus 700:

- the grinding process stops after a few seconds; message "refill beans" is displayed; on the second attempt the grinding process works fine.
- It's not the beans - the bean container is full; I have tried different types (so it's not the oil content); also I have manually moved the beans in the bean container to make sure that enough beans have also slid down - and as I said: on the second grind it works then yes.
- strangely, this only happens with espresso, not with latte.

Does anyone have a tip?

I'm thinking of taking the machine to Mediamarkt for repair (fixed price 199 EUR, including cleaning) and hope that they find the problem. But: what if not? and the machine is from December 2017 - is it worth investing? What experience have you had with the life of your machine?

Bikermanni

November 18, 2023 05:35 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 31859

Remove the grinder and bend the corrugated disk under the lower ceramic grinding disk. Then it will work again.

JoeJoe

February 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 71956

QUOTE (Tram @ Sunday, October 15, 2023, 18:48)
Hello,
we have the following problem with our Siemens EQ 6 plus 700:

- the grinding process stops after a few seconds; message "refill beans" is displayed; on the second attempt the grinding process works perfectly.
- It's not the beans - the bean container is full; I've tried different types (so it's not the oil content); I've also moved the beans manually in the bean container to make sure that enough beans have slid down - and as I said, it works on the second grinding.
- strangely, this only happens with espresso, not with latte.

Does anyone have any tips?

I'm thinking about taking the machine to Mediamarkt for repair (fixed price EUR 199, including cleaning) and hope that they will find the problem. But: what if they don't? and the machine is from December 2017 - is it worth investing? What experience have you had with the service life of your machine?

Hi, I had the same problem. It was easy to solve for me!
After prolonged operation, condensation forms in the area of the brewing unit and this leads to problems with the coffee sensors.
Simply clean everything according to the operating instructions in the evening, leave the machine open and only reassemble it in the morning after the EQ6 is nice and dry again helps my machine.