Advanced search

Coffee no longer available EQ5 Macchiato Plus

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Gast_Simon

August 27, 2020 08:11 pm

Unregistered

Hello dear friends of coffee happy.gif,

I have the problem that my coffee machine sometimes does not let coffee through. This can happen from one moment to the other, the first coffee still goes normally (no special signs that it runs through difficult or so) and at the second nothing came through.

Now I have been regularly cleaning the coffee machine for a while (I think about 6 to 7 years?). I have already found the service menu in your forum entries.

Now I had "repaired" the above problem by rinsing the device several times and waiting until the drip is ready. I think the first time I went to the service menu and did the 50ml pump test on all CV positions and that's where it worked. After that the coffee went again.

Today I had that again. I wanted to make a new coffee but nothing worked anymore. Also (once again) no rinsing. I went directly to the service menu (brew group up) and saw that the flow rate in two CV positions was only about 0.5 ml/s and in the others (through the milk system, into the water container) about 5-7 ml/s (standard for me). I guess the position where it didn't work was through the coffee spout.

After another 50 ml-test it worked. After that I put it back into the water tank and rinsed all positions twice with descaler. After the following cleaning everything is now running "normal" again.

Do you have a hint for me what might be broken?
ph34r.gif