Unregistered

THANK YOU!!

Michl44

October 06, 2015 09:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 19835

Hello together,

today I was already surprised for the second time with the popular "System error 8", but not after removing the brewing group, but while the machine was preparing my espresso:

The first time happened a week ago, the whole rinsing process sounded very strange when the machine was switched on; I had the impression that the mechanics were forced to work against their will, loud squeaking noises came from the inside. The brewing group movement also took longer than usual.

After that I could have an espresso brewed, but after the coffee had run through, you could hear the ugly squeaking of the brewing group mechanism again, while the brewing group wanted to return to the initial state, and then this process was stopped in the middle of it, and the nice red message "System error 8" appeared on the display.

Somehow I managed to remove the brewing group (which hadn't quite returned to its final position), clean it under running water, let it dry, greased the rubber ring (lip seal) and the two side guide rails with silicone grease, and put them back in again. I successfully used the above trick (described in Post 4) with the microswitch. Result: Everything works normally again.

Today I had again the "pleasure": Strange noises during the rinsing process, espresso was just being prepared for me, then the brewing group movement stopped and "system error 8" in the display. Toll! mad.gif

What do the experts think: Is my brewing group now finally defective or is there another cause behind it?

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

October 07, 2015 10:58 am

Expert

Member No.: 22501

You would have to grease the brewing unit again nicely, but it can also be that the drive motor is already weak or the microswitches in the drive no longer switch cleanly.

A completely new drive unit is about 80€. You get the parts but also individually, the motor at Ebay and the microswitches from one of the usual suppliers for coffee machines spare parts. (search Siemens Surpresso engine)

inesimmergruen

October 27, 2015 06:08 pm

Unregistered

I just found this forum and was able to trick the system error 8 famit and get my favorite household device working again.
I got the message after switching on the machine. I also removed the brewing group and couldn't use it again.
I made a crema for the joy that it was running again. Wonderful biggrin.gif wink.gif

Gast_Joe

November 08, 2015 09:59 am

Unregistered

Moin Moin,
thanks to spooner biggrin.gif

Functioning again.

White one why the system error 8 comes ? So what are the reasons and if anything has to be exchanged?

November 08, 2015 08:07 pm

Unregistered

Good evening,

if the two microswitches in the drive no longer switch cleanly, then this error message appears. Because the electronics of the device through these two switches, the position of the BG experiences. As mentioned above, these two switches are the cause of this error. The electronics must always "know" where the BG is located.

MfG Werner

Gast-Marion

November 13, 2015 09:36 am

Unregistered

Hello,
very much thanks for the great tip. I've been afraid of standing there for weeks without a coffee machine again. It worked great, but I had to turn on the machine and press the small white button.
Greetings to this great forum !
Marion

Gast_Ben

November 19, 2015 09:57 pm

Unregistered

So what you can get regulated over the net, just ingenious. Read converted and again horny coffee drunk.

Many thanks to the writer.

Xanette

December 16, 2015 06:20 pm

Unregistered

Many thanks for the good tip, now she goes again !

anna romberg   

January 25, 2016 10:33 am

Unregistered

thank you so much for your contributions. i was already really desperate. i love this machine!!! thank god everything is going fine now. biggrin.gif

Gast_Dagmar

January 30, 2016 01:30 pm

Unregistered

So at my cafeo CI, I can't find the switch. When pressing Ein+My at the same time, nothing happens. Is there anyone else who might have an idea?

March 02, 2016 02:29 pm

Unregistered

i also got the error, thanks to your help everything works now again
many thanks to
mfg tm

Michl44

March 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 19835

I would like to give a short feedback about what happened to my problem from 6 Oct. 2015, because I could not get any further with the reset:

It was not due to the brewing group (or brewing unit), nor to the microswitches, but to the drive, which is installed inside.

I sent the appliance to Melitta, where the drive was completely replaced (this is the electric motor that drives the brewing group, together with its control board). You would have had to take the device apart, and I wouldn't have dared. Costs: 138,- Euro repair flat rate.

Now everything works again. smile.gif

LG Michl

Gast_Dodo

April 30, 2016 02:20 pm

Unregistered

Hello together,

had today the same system error 8 and switched off the machine immediately. In my case, however, the brewing group was still in the appliance, in contrast to the previous contributions. I have solved the problem as follows:
1. Switch on device
2. Device has displayed: "Remove brewing group". But I couldn't remove it, it was jammed, which was probably the reason for the system error 8.
3. For more than two seconds press the following keys simultaneously [ON] + [MYCOFFEE]
--> you should now hear the movement of the drive.
4. At the same time when the machine makes the movements, I gently pulled on the brewing group, lever on the brewing group was on unlock position -> could then be easily removed
5. I inserted the brewing group correctly again and everything worked again perfectly.

greeting
dodo

1Seite 234