Advanced search

KVA with good steam lance wanted

veloxid

March 19, 2018 09:58 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24806

Hello everyone,
I currently have a Bosch TCA 6701 benvenuto B 60 with which I am generally quite satisfied. I can maintain and repair them myself (meanwhile 15k coffee let out) and could also adjust them so that mostly a good espresso comes out (unfortunately the quality varies a little).
I pimped the cappuccinatore a little bit so that I am at least half satisfied with the milk foam. It will definitely be better than with the simple lance. In my opinion the 'Wumms' and probably a steam tank (if I understand that correctly) is missing for proper milk foam.
As I can't/do not want to change to a screen carrier for relational reasons and I would like to make even better milk foam, I am now looking for a KVA which I get adjusted in such a way that I
a) get an acceptable espresso
und
cool.gif I have a real steam plant where I can do the milk foam well, so I have enough steam.

Does anyone have a recommendation? The price is of course cheaper better than expensive ;-)
You can also recommend a device that you can find on the second-hand market and then still have to be revised.
I also like to tinker with the machine (the Benvenuto has certainly already been disassembled one or two times completely).

Greuss
Felix

BlackSheep

March 20, 2018 08:01 am

Experienced

Member No.: 2529

With espresso you will hardly be able to avoid this construction.
I have often experienced that the smaller
machines of this type (e.g. B30 - also has a steam lance) have a
better steam production than the B60/65. The small ones have
but no extra heater for the steam, so that a heating wait-
time is necessary.
Otherwise you could try to convert your B60 with a B20/30
steam tube and use a Saeco Panarello. With its small nozzle diameter, this nozzle has a higher steam ge-
velocity.

Gruß
BS

--------------------
Ich schaue hier nur noch ganz selten vorbei.
In verschiedenen anderen Foren bin ich mit
dem gleichen Nickname zu finden, falls mal
jemand Hilfe benötigt kann ich vielleicht dort
helfen.

veloxid

March 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 24806

Hoi BS,
Thanks for the answer.
What do you think about a Gastro KVA? Or do they not like the relatively small quantities of coffee?
e.g. Cimbali M2/M3, Franke, Cafina, Schaerer or others
They might have a real kettle then....

Kaffeepoint

March 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

You should also say goodbye to your machine making espresso. It brews with approx. 3-4 bar so that you do not get any extraction of the powder. She can make coffee with crema and the big and small.

With steam it's not that easy either. There are machines with one instantaneous water heater for water and steam and also machines with two (like yours). With these heaters it is difficult to produce a constant amount of steam. The bigger the heater, the better.

But I would also try a Panarello, as BlackSheep wrote. This reduces the cross-section of the steam tube.

MfG Paul

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

March 28, 2018 04:08 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22501

The Krups XP 9000 has such a steam lance.

that works actually quite well..however the foam collapses relatively fast... but it is practical and it is related to your Benvenuto...