Advanced search

Krups Nespresso Essenza XN 2001

kobi

September 07, 2014 11:32 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 25059

Dear forum-community,
presently I try to get a Krups Nespresso Essenza XN 2001 fit again. It has not been used for a long time. The reason for this is that it no longer worked after the descaling process (with the official Nespresso descaling set) and no longer spit out coffee. As a result, it was replaced by a new machine and stood around unused for some time (among other things until the warranty expired).

I have now set myself the task of getting the machine back on the road. At first I wanted to decalcify the machine again. Unfortunately this did not work. It starts, the descaling process can be started, but the water circuit does not begin to circulate. This is supported by a muffled, silencer-like noise of the "engine". After opening the machine with the oval wrench on the side, I find myself in a puzzle:

The machine doesn't leak, but it doesn't draw water either. The tubes actually look fine to my eyes. Only the intake hose leading to the engine has some "foam" formed. But since I'm not an expert, I can't make another diagnosis. The motor continues to whirr, but in principle only runs hot, to the point that the machine automatically stops the descaling process.

Question to the experts: Can the machine still be saved? Is she "just" calcified? Is there a more aggressive descaling agent that dissolves stubborn impurities faster and better than the one recommended by Nespresso? Is there air in the engine, and how do I get these out again?

Many thanks and best regards,
kobi

kaffeechris

September 08, 2014 07:15 am

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Think ds if the pump doesn't get any circulation in there, either is completely calcified or the pump is defective.
Search for an amidosulfonic acid-based descaler.
Must you have the old water but first completely down, so remove the suction hose from the pump and empty.

Many luck
MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

kobi

September 08, 2014 10:56 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 25059

Thanks for the speedy help!
As I gradually disassembled and started the machine I can rule out the faulty pump. The pressure hoses and the seals, especially the sleeves, were totally calcified, which caused one hose to burst. I've now ordered a new hose. I hope the parts of the XN series are compatible with each other(?) After the installation I will run another round of descaler and then report.
Best thanks,
Greeting kobi