Advanced search

GAGGIA Titanium

Valve defective

reinhard

May 09, 2007 05:52 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

>With our 2 year old Titanium there was a hissing and bubbling after turning off the hot water nozzle inside the machine.
sounds statement customer service is a valve defective, the cost is 120 €!!!!!!!!

This price is crazy, can someone give me a hint whether the rip-off or really the real life is????

Many thanks
Reinhard

Michael

May 11, 2007 02:22 pm

Unregistered

Hello Reinhard,

>With the Gaggia Titanium this is a weak point, but 120,00 € is expensive. The steam regulator is simply replaced as a component.

I have let the appliance out for 2 years and over 5000 cups, mostly Cappuchino. In the first year the machine ran super. But then I also had the problem you mentioned with the steam regulator. As the milk frothed, the water ran out of the bottom of the machine, bubbling and hissing inside the machine. After that, there was no steam at all. I brought the machine to a workshop for repair (cost approx. 50,00 €), but this is now the 3rd time (but no auth. Gaggia workshop).
Now the defect is present for the 4th time. One more time I will try it in a workshop listed on the Gaggia website. If this error should occur again it was with this machine.

Had someone had similar experiences?

Greß Michael

Hanno

July 22, 2007 10:50 pm

Unregistered

I have the same problem with my machine now. No more steam, just hissing and water coming out the bottom. Can you fix it yourself? Is there a repair manual?

Gina

September 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Unregistered

Help, help, have the same problem. Worst of all: Warranty expired 2 weeks ago!!!! My husband is quite skilled in craftsmanship and might be able to repair it - if there was a manual ....

Gregorthom

September 25, 2007 06:14 am

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 312

There's no manual, but he's a skilled one anyway, unscrewing and looking should not be a problem. There is nothing secret or complicated in the fully automatic machine.

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

December 31, 2007 07:58 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Hanno @ Sunday, July 22, 2007, 20:50 hrs.July 2007, 20:50)
I now have the same problem with my machine. No more steam, just hissing and water coming out the bottom. Can you fix it yourself? Is there a repair manual?

screw on and look up where is the problem?

Robert

February 24, 2008 11:04 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 1977

The problem with the steam we also had three times, it started shortly after the warranty, Rep cost 85 euros for a new spindle.
After 6 months again, this time it was not the spindle but the angle valve. This seemed a bit strange to us, but how can you prove that it wasn't the same old problem again.
After 4 weeks it started again. We didn't want to give up the machine for another 3 weeks and get told again that it is another part that we will have to pay again. Therefore I unscrewed the machine myself and looked at the problem, it was clear, the gasket of the spindle had no grease and a clamp of the hose was not mounted rictig. One hour and the job was done at no cost.

Gast

October 13, 2008 10:45 am

Unregistered

Hello,
I had the same problem and looked at the weekend.
The O-ring for the valve spindle for the steam valve has no effect on me. It's too small or worn. Since it is not round but rather angular in cross section, it gave me a rätzel on how it could last so long.
I will replace it immediately and also think about replacing all easily accessible seals.
Our machine is now about 3 years old and gives 2- 6 cups per day. We are otherwise at peace with very much. The matching coffee tastes excellent.

Many greetings!

po.pi.pa

March 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 4124

Gaggia Titanium
Purchase date 10.09.2008
Coffee counter: 1195

About 2 months ago the time had come, the steam tube bubbled a little even after turning off the tap. I tried decalcification, then the bubbling was gone. It was probably not due to the lime, because we have here very soft water of hardness 1 biggrin.gif . It started again a few days ago, but got stronger every day. Yesterday I decalcified. That didn't help now, rather the machine put the underlay under water during the subsequent rinsing. Tomorrow I will probably get the FreeWay mark, then the machine will be picked up.
I wonder if this problem has been recognized by the manufacturer and the valve has now been replaced by an improved successor. Elsewhere you can also read about this problem mad.gif

powerquando

May 02, 2009 10:52 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 4158

Moin,
have my Gaggia now 4 weeks and 268 cups. Today the problem with hissing and no more steam, wrapped and sent back to Repa to suppliers, fortunately a big mail order business.
Let's see how long it takes.
Greeting
powerquando

June 03, 2009 02:43 pm

Unregistered

So Gaggia comes net again according to service hotline, get a credit. Well, it wasn't that bad, but what the hell, better than long repairs.
Won't I buy back any Gaggia.
Greeting
powerquando

po.pi.pa

September 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 4124

Gaggia Titanium
Purchased 10.09.2008
Coffee counter: 1195

The machine (see above) has been shipped. I cooked my espresso with my 25 year old Bialetti on a gas stove - good quality. Simultaneously with the return I complained about the chrome peeling off the steam pipe and the defective paint - scraped off except for the yellowish plastic. The first complaint led to the repair of the valve, the second to the replacement of the drip tray. Then I went to the lawyer... Now I have my money back - we have SEPTEMBER! According to the sender the device was in repair at the Gaggia agency - but maybe it was also invented ... Maybe I'll go back to the screen support.