Advanced search

ECAM22.110.B Empty tank error message

plumquake

January 17, 2021 02:30 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone, I
have yesterday our Magnifica S ECAM22.110.B back in operation, which was stored due to relocation, etc. a few years and was not used (we bought it back in 2013) It
took

a bit, but it runs again and the coffee is also good, that reassures me already. However, it does not recognize correctly when the tank runs empty, which is why, for example, the descaling program aborts (I have then simply "manually" descaled, so alternately from the hot water nozzle and from the coffee outlet let out - also worked). The triangle and coffee grounds then flash and the light for water lights up continuously. According to the manual, this is the error for "coffee grind too fine", but as I said, it always appears when the water tank runs empty and has nothing to do with the coffee, which is fine.

It is not an acute problem now, because you can use the machine as it is, it just wonders me and I wonder if it can be (easily) fixed?

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice Sunday smile.gif
Best regards, plumquake

Schlawi

January 17, 2021 04:39 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

The magnet in the tank has become too weak. Since only a new tank will help to fix the error. Unless the magnet / float in the tank hangs and does not go down when it runs empty.

plumquake

January 17, 2021 10:57 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Schlawi @ Sunday, 17 January 2021, 16:39)
The magnet in the tank has become too weak. Only a new tank will help fix that. Unless the magnet/float in the tank hangs and doesn't go down when it runs empty.

Hi Schlawi, thanks for the tip! A magnet in the tank, I would never have thought of that in my life.... but sure, that makes total sense. The float isn't stuck, it goes down with it, so I'll test that now with a spare tank.

Many thanks and best regards
,plumquake