Esam 3000.b EX:1

Does not purge after power up

Knochenthron

April 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 9618

Hello to all,

My machine doesn't flush when it's turned on. The pump works. If I then draw hot water briefly after switching on, I can also draw coffee again. When I turn it off, it flushes.

The check valve on the brewing plunger is not calcified. I checked it.

Then where could the fault be?

Please help. And THANK YOU ALL!!!

Schlawi

April 05, 2021 08:02 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Do you always have to bleed first for a coffee? Does it want to pump but no coffee comes? Or why can you only get coffee after hot water. Check valve in the pump defective?

Knochenthron

April 05, 2021 01:28 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the answer.

Yes exactly pump wants and builds pressure but there is no rinse water after switching on and heating up. I must first vent but it comes no air but equal to water then I can draw coffee. When I switch it off, it flushes.

Schlawi

April 05, 2021 05:08 pm

Expert

Does the message come up that you need to bleed after it wants to flush? Does the pump get quieter when flushing, or what do you mean by "builds up pressure"?

Knochenthron

April 05, 2021 10:22 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the answer.

Exactly the pump starts pumping gets quieter and quieter and then stops pumping. The machine shows no indication on the LEDS to bleed.

Schlawi

April 06, 2021 05:34 am

Expert

And if you then immediately draw a coffee without opening hot water, that does not work?
Have you ever decalcified the upper brewing piston? Unscrewed the filter on the brewing unit and cleaned it?
While you're at it, can the sieve be easily pressed down on the brewing unit?

Knochenthron

April 07, 2021 03:37 am

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the answer. Yes exactly without hot water reference no coffee.

Brew group was cleaned and greased by me. I also suspect that the upper brewing piston is calcified. The machine has the thermoblock external in the back of the machine. Very tricky to get to the rear nuts.

Knochenthron

April 07, 2021 03:39 am

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the answer. Yes exactly without hot water reference no coffee.

Brew group was cleaned and greased by me. I also suspect that the upper brewing piston is calcified. The machine has the thermoblock external in the back of the machine. Very tricky to get to the rear nuts.

Schlawi

April 07, 2021 05:39 am

Expert

Could also be due to the pump. That it no longer seals properly and the water flows back towards the tank.
Canst yes times leave the tank out overnight, empty the drip tray and see if water runs back.
You can get to the rear screws. You have to loosen the thermoblock and push it to the side.
When assembling I always use a ring spanner, put the nut in and fix the washer with a little grease to the nut. Then with a needle nose pliers to the place and from above then tighten the screw. Goes quite well.

April 07, 2021 04:28 pm

Unregistered

Hello Schlawi thank you for your help and quick response.

I will try your tip with the pump. Then we see further.