Bosch TCA73F1 - no water - no coffee

no more water flow

tobit2001

September 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 21753

Hello,
four years of trouble-free operation of our Bosch TCA73F1 VeroProfessional, similar to Siemens EQ7, are now over. So far only passive reader I become now active user for this reason.
All suddenly no water, no coffee etc. came with our machine more from the nozzles. In Calc'n'Clean experiments it just dripped or steamed out of the milk froth nozzle. The starting process takes longer, there are "normal" starting/operating noises coming from the engine, but unfortunately no liquid.
My guess went in the direction of a "blockage/calcification", but this would be very sudden: in the morning the engine still worked perfectly, in the evening no more. I am afraid that the pump and possibly the flow heating unit are defective. What do the experts think?
First of all Thanks for your help!Bosch TCA 73 F1 Vero Professional Exclusiv

rudi-03

September 14, 2013 06:06 pm

Expert

Member No.: 17460

Hello,

As long as there is no water loss or other error, I guess a blockage or calcification. This would also explain the longer heating of the machine until it is ready for operation. Therefore, I would first try to decalcify with amidosulfonic acid-based liquid decalcifiers, or to press the mixture (in higher doses) through the water circuit via hot water supply or rinsing. If necessary, allow to work longer.

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

surfsteffen

September 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 2487

has the problem been fixed?

My VeroBar 100 shows since this morning indentische symptoms
- no water
- the message "check water tank"
- coffee powder lands dry in the grape marc container

- I still can't really believe in calcification, since only 2 coffees were prepared normally and then suddenly no more water came and the coffee powder landed dry in the grape marc bowl.
Furthermore the machine is maintained and has been decalcified regularly.

Greetings from Lake Constance Steffen

tobit2001   

September 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 21753

No, unfortunately without success a new cleaning with liquid descaler was tried.
The machine wanted to do a cleaning when it was switched on again, there was also some cold water from the milk nozzle, but the machine now reported that due to a malfunction the hotline should be called. The brewing unit remains "locked" so that it cannot be removed.
Does anyone know a trick so that it can be removed without damage?
Is there any other solution or do I have to bite the bullet.
Our machine has also been maintained and decalcified or decalcified on request. also every now and then between the requests decalcified and cleaned, Calc'n'Clean.

UPDATE: the machine currently only reports "rinse water tank and fill" - but stops at this message - more does not happen currently any more...

Gast_Andreas

September 28, 2013 09:36 am

Unregistered

Hello
We have according to days exactly the same problem. the machine pulls no water and gives the error message "Check water tank". I've noticed it since a filter change, but I ordered the right ones. The brewing unit had also locked itself with me, a renewed switching on solved the problem.
Bin also thankful for every tip, especially since the machine worked occasionally again, that of course does not make the error analysis easier at the workshop either...

Gast_Andreas

September 28, 2013 05:35 pm

Unregistered

i tried the above mentioned problem without the water filter for a test and see there...it works. Can anyone of you try it out and post a result? Maybe it's a filtering problem....

Gast_M

May 11, 2015 11:34 am

Unregistered

Since I myself was looking for a solution to a problem, my experience here was:
It could be due to the flow meter. > "Small paddle wheel in a bolted housing with inlet and outlet" directly "after" the water tank.
Despite manual "extreme descaling" the machine told me irregularly: "Testing the water tank!.
solution was manual cleaning of the flow meter as well as the inlet and outlet. Something "water smotter" deposits itself over the years in the hoses and the inlet of the flow meter. That leads to the fact that also with regular decalcification the tiny inlet gets clogged and the machine means it does not arrive enough water...
New part costs in the net so around 12,50€... Instructions for disassembling the machine are available on the net... Component itself can be simply "unscrewed" by turning. First time approach: approx. 30min

Much luck!

Andreas_KL

December 25, 2015 01:40 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 28016

Hello,
many thanks for the tip with the flow meter.

My machine also has the problem with the error message "Check water tank", so I opened it and looked at the flow meter.
Apparently nothing was dirty.
I built up the water supply with the machine open and saw that no water pressure is built up behind the flow meter.

There are 3 cables attached to the flow meter. Ground, voltage and probably feedback that sufficient water is available.
May I only bypass it anyway for the test to anticipate the feedback "water available"?

or:
How can I find out whether the flowmeter is defective or not?
At 15 Euros for a new one it shouldn't fail. But before I spend these, I would like to have an idea if it is this one.

I hope for your contributions.

>

Gast_Alex

January 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

had the same problem 2 weeks ago. Suddenly the message "Check water tank" appeared on the display and there was no more water. Later the machine went back to normal. Now I have the same mistake again.

Up-to-date I opened the back and checked all hoses. The pipes are solid and there is also water coming from the pump.

Think about the flow meter, it is not because the water is always in the drip pan after several tests (somewhere the water is running).

Is there still a solution or suggestion here for troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.

Gast_Tinchen

February 28, 2016 02:58 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone.
I have the same problem as already described several times. Decalcified the coffee machine yesterday, made coffee afterwards. This morning the machine didn't want to go. sad.gif On power-up: Check water tank............................................................ she stopped washing, let alone making me coffee. dry.gif I had the machine repaired only last year in October. say and write 4 weeks!!!!!!!! And now the same problem!!!!

HWS

February 28, 2016 09:23 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Good day,

Maybe the service workshop only cleaned the flowmeter and did not install a new one. With our machine at that time I only cleaned the FM. It lasted about a month. After that I had to install a new flowmeter and since then the device works permanently.

Greeting HWS