Fill bean container EQ7 PLUS

even though it's full

Chris61

March 20, 2016 02:30 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24823

Hello together,
just I was happy that my machine goes again, it indicates to me: "Fill bean container", even though there are enough beans in the container. I've already removed all the beans once and refilled them. Then it runs once, then comes again the message when I start.
It now has about 18100 cups in three years on the clock. Brewing unit, ceramic valve and O-ring(s) have been replaced so far.
I read some about a defective grinder and defective electronics.
I don't want to install a new grinder for 100 Euro on suspicion, because then it might be due to something else, especially since the grinding still works.
Is there a sensor or something similar that monitors the bean container?

I'm already thinking about buying a DeLonghi ESAM 3000 B, which costs about 300 Euro, so a little more than the repair at Siemens. We are "only coffee drinkers", there the machine should suffice, if I read the ratings like this.

Hach, now the old coffee machine is being used again. It's despairing... sad.gif

I hope you can give me a hint...

Desperate greetings
Chris

Chris61   

March 22, 2016 06:12 am

Coffee lover

Hello everyone,
so slowly I am unfortunately becoming a tea drinker. sad.gif
Anyone knows if the bean amount in the container is monitord/interrogated, and if so, how?
The message "fill bean container" always comes before the grinder starts.
It can therefore have nothing to do with the (often described) current consumption of the mill!
I could imagine a photoelectric sensor, a capacitive sensor or a mechanical "rocker" with a sensor that implements the monitoring. (I'd build that like that)
It would be great if I got a tip, otherwise our beautiful machine will probably never run again...
Desperate greetings
Chris

HWS

March 22, 2016 06:19 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Good evening,

I had the same problem with an EQ 5. Someone from the saeco-support-forum had written to me:
Switch off device. Voting system on small espresso. Open the powder drawer. Press Start and off and switch on the device. When the drawer is closed the display shows "Release buttons". Device is reset and should work again.
EQ 5 was reset again and went back to normal.
If you try this with EQ 7, it could probably work the same way, so the machine is reset. Start and Off that would be correspondingly the 2 keys on the control board.

Greeting HWS

Chris61

March 23, 2016 06:28 am

Coffee lover

Hello and thanks for the tip, the key combination works. This takes me to some kind of test menu. But I can't reset there.
When I query the sensors there, the program tells me that the bean hopper is empty. So exactly the error I have.
When starting the pump manually, it also runs, when starting the "Grinder" manually, so nothing happens to the grinder.
The whole thing didn't really help me any further. I'm almost guessing that the electronics of the grinder are defective. This electronics doesn't seem to be exchangeable separately, at least I can't find any hint to it.
What I could find is a complete conversion kit for 280 Euro with new grinder and other components. But for 300 Euro I get a new machine, as described above.
Why do modern and "oh so great" machines have to break down nowadays after three years at the most?
I have an (expensive) Siemens oven. There, after three years, the fan of the circulating air simply "wiped" off the motor shaft and fell down. Siemens then writes to me: "...that it is not permitted to store moist food in the oven and that such errors can occur as a result..."
ABER HALLO!
My "excited correspondence" led to the fact that the Siemenszentrale met me at least with the spare part with about 50% discount.
But maybe someone else has a tip or experience with the grinder/bean container...
Hopeful greetings
Chris

HWS

March 24, 2016 06:09 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Happy Easter,

da there is no special sensor in it that indicates the absence of beans. It actually has to do with the amount of electricity the grinder draws. And the electronics will notice that, </ i> beans replenish </ i>. At the EQ 5 mentioned above, the grinder ran very briefly before this message came up.
I would remove the grinder and thoroughly clean it. Instructions can be found at "juraprofi.de". Often there is quite a bit of incrustation, so that not enough fresh beans slip along.

Greeting HWS

Chris61

March 24, 2016 07:11 pm

Coffee lover

Hello HWS
The grinder doesn't start to run a millimeter, so I'm guessing a defective electronic.
I'll probably remove the grinder soon and check.
I'm not going to invest any more money in the machine, because I don't know if the repair will be successful and I don't know what will break next.
As with many modern appliances, it is a disposable item to boost the economy at the expense of consumers.
I find the hobby too expensive!
I would rather buy another Senseo for 70 euros with a 2-year guarantee.
I have in the office for over 6 years a Senseo operating without errors!
However, thanks a lot for the assistance and
all around happy Easter!
Greeting Chris

Chris61   

April 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Coffee lover

Hello together
ich/we couldn't stand it without a fully automatic machine.
After intensive comparison and research I have now bought this machine:
PHILIPS HD 8847/01 Series 4000
We are very excited, have tried for the first time a coffee with milk foam. The operation is totally simple, the taste is even better, and the price is only half that of our old Siemens, a little more than the repair of the Siemens would have cost!
Furthermore, the machine is narrower and lighter than the Siemens, but feels at least as high quality, if not better.

Now I have a new and very nice machine for 539 euros with a total of 5 years warranty and hope that we now (at least for the time being) have no more problems.
wink.gif
The EQ7 I'm going to just "dispose", has excited me way too much, that part!!!&#br>

Greetings
Chris biggrin.gif

February 01, 2017 10:30 am

Unregistered

March 22, 2018 07:25 pm

Unregistered

Hi everyone, I've had the same problem with iq 7 plus. I dared to order the mahlwerk and see there works again! On ebay the part costs 94€ and how to exchange it you can find videos on Youtube. Wasn't hard about an hour of work. Good luck to posthumous people;

Bram

August 02, 2021 01:50 pm

Unregistered

I bought some Spare parts but is it easy to repair it?

Thom84

August 03, 2021 11:49 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 44723

QUOTE (Bram @ August 02, 2021 12:50 pm)
I bought some Spare parts but is it easy to repair it?

Yes, I bought some spare parts as well and I was able to fix it.

Gast_Florian

February 24, 2022 11:37 pm

Unregistered

With us it was always with the first cup, that the message kamm have then times at the side the mill work cleaned and the interior since then it is gone

Gast_Frank

April 03, 2022 07:20 pm

Unregistered

Hello all... unfortunately, we also have the problem that only every 2nd reference comes. Always in alternation... with the message refill beans. I have disassembled and cleaned the grinder. Nevertheless, the error continues. Not comprehensible is that always only every 2nd reference to the error
. What is that for a logic ... because of current measurement and then display the error.

Hard to believe that it can be due to the grinder.... shy the 100€.
Does anyone have a tip? Thank you.

Gast_Heino

May 19, 2022 11:58 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Frank @ Sunday, 03 April 2022, 19:20)
Hello all... unfortunately we also have the problem that only every 2nd reference comes. Always in alternation... With the message refill beans. I have disassembled and cleaned the grinder. Nevertheless, the error continues. Not comprehensible is that always only every 2nd reference to the error
. What is that for a logic ... because of current measurement and then display the error.

Have the same problem here with the Bosch variant of the Siemens EQ6. I currently live in the States, so come therefore rather difficult to spare parts, have done a reset via the service menu and ordered new motor carbons from Germany. After replacing the carbons and complete cleaning still no success. Every second time the grinding process stops and the message "Fill bean hopper" comes up. The joke: if I get a coffee after the error, it does not matter whether I take one or a "2 times output" (then it also grinds twice without problems). After that, in turn, the error message comes again the second time I press the button.

Gast_Heino

May 20, 2022 05:00 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Frank @ Sunday, 03 April 2022, 19:20)
Hello all... unfortunately we also have the problem that only every 2nd reference comes. Always in alternation... With the message refill beans. I have disassembled and cleaned the grinder. Nevertheless, the error continues. Not comprehensible is that always only every 2nd reference to the error

Have the same problem here with the Bosch variant of the Siemens EQ6. I currently live in the States, so come therefore rather difficult to spare parts, have done a reset via the service menu and ordered new motor carbons from Germany. After replacing the carbons and complete cleaning still no success. Every second time the grinding process stops and the message "Fill bean hopper" comes up. The joke: if I get a coffee after the error, it does not matter whether I take one or a "2 times output" (then it also grinds twice without problems). After that, in turn, the error message comes again the second time I press the button.

Seite 12