Advanced search

Machine does not brew coffee

Grinder replaced

melle3108

October 03, 2021 11:08 am

Unregistered

Hello dear forum,

after our vacation, we have used only ground coffee for a few weeks in our Nivona CafeRomatica 850 about 10 years old. After we then switched back to beans, there was no more coffee. I had suspected that the grinder was stuck and accordingly disassembled and cleaned the grinder. Unfortunately, this did not remedy the problem. So the next assumption was that the motor was probably broken. It still makes noise, but not as much as before. Like it wasn't actually grinding beans. So ordered new grinder and installed it. From the sound of it, it's kind of like it was with the old motor. Now it's like I guess beans are being ground, but the flour is not being transported all the way to the brew chute. I had vsumed that this disc in the grinder was throwing the flour forward. Or is it more like you have to grind "enough" beans to get any coffee grounds into the brew chute at all?

The error pattern is as follows
:* You select the coffee you want (e.g. espresso)
* The machine grinds (but it's relatively quiet) --> I've already replaced the motor

'

s direction

of

rotation, but unfortunately the cables aren't marked*
After that, the machine reports that the brewing process has been cancelled*
When I dismantle the machine, I find a bit of grounds in this funnel in the direction of the brewing shaftWhat

else could be a problem? Or do I really just need to grind several times to get enough flour into the brew chute?

Thanks for your help...MarkusNivona

CafeRomatica 850

Schlawi

October 03, 2021 07:04 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

With a new grinder you have to grind two to three times until the powder chute is filled properly.
Where did you get the grinder? New or revised?

October 04, 2021 07:22 am

Unregistered

Great. It was. I should have guessed. Thank you very much, sir. Our beloved machine now delivers coffee again.

October 04, 2021 07:24 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Schlawi @ Sunday, 03 October 2021, 19:04)
With a new grinder, you already have to grind two to three times until the powder chute is properly filled.
Where did you get the grinder from? New or revised?

And the grinder is a new one from an online shipper.