Advanced search

EQ.9 - Every second cup undrinkable

Dany250

December 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 42376

Hello dear forum members,

I would like to say "Hello!" to the forum first. We have been at home for two weeks our first fully automatic coffee machine and am accordingly also new here in the forum smile.gif.

Unfortunately, we are already experiencing a problem with our machine that I believe can only be attributed to a defect in the machine. It is a Siemens EQ.9 plus connect s700.

Describe the error is quite simple. Each cup of coffee (whether espresso, cappuccino or Cafe Crema) which is made second (so directly after each other) tastes undrinkable. Now, undrinkable is a very subjective term, but it can be described quite well here. The second cup tastes so sour/bitter that you have to empty it away.
The crema on the espresso and also the cafe crema is completely even and smooth on the first cup. Also, the crema is a very nice uniform shade from the edge to the center. On the second cup it is always (really always) uneven like orange peel and also the color is different (darker). You can even smell on both cups in direct comparison that the second coffee is different (doesn't smell good, smells kind of musty).

We have tested in the past few days, also already some to be able to conceal the error, in vain. We thought, maybe it is because of too hot temperatures (although this should not really play a role, since the machine can adjust it) and have already put them down, unfortunately without success. Also, we have now already tried 5 different coffee beans from different roasting companies (all >30EUR/KG), it is always the same result. Even in a mixed drink with milk, the enormous acidity can be tasted immediately in the second cup.
It does not matter if the first drink is an espresso and the second a Cafe Crema, the second drink tastes so indescribably disgusting that you can only empty it away.

Now we are really not baristis at all, but that's exactly what makes it so unpleasant, because if we can already taste this difference so clearly, how would someone who knows about coffee describe it.
It's not the beans or the machine in general or any setting, because the first cup always tastes good with identical settings. I think you can also assume with a machine like this that several coffees can/should be made in a row, with consistent taste. (especially if you consider that there is also the "Playlist" mode in the app).

Does anyone here perhaps an advice, what can be present here for a problem or has perhaps even made someone similar experience?

I would be very happy about your support.

Many greetingsDany

Andreas74

December 16, 2020 08:51 am

Unregistered

Hello Dany,

welcome and have fun with the machines...
The only difference I have with the second cup is that it is noticeably hotter than the first:)
Ideas I have no, but if the machine is new, I suggest if you have a bill take the free premium pickup service in claim

Procedure and contact number can be found on the Internet.

Dany250

December 16, 2020 12:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42376

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your answer.

I've already arranged this morning, unfortunately, the pickup is only on 11.01.2021. Is just annoying because the device is just over 14 days old and already has to be in the repair. Am already quite disappointed what the machine is concerned and the service on the phone was also still very unimpressed and not even a "sorry" got over the lips sad.gif.

Well, let's see how this goes... Do you know how long the machine is then gone in a repair?

Many greetingsDany

Andreas74

December 22, 2020 07:58 am

Unregistered

Hi, in my case it was usually picked up after 3 days and was gone for 5-8 days....
(As it is in your case, after the pickup is already after Christmas.....

Does the brewing unit move on your end? Do you guys have "raw" powder in the pomace? Maybe at cup 2 it's not all powder stamped and you're just drinking warm water with powder residue?

Don't think I've ever seen a reproducible problem similar to yours in the entire forum....

Schlawi

December 22, 2020 11:39 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Have you ever changed the grind and see if anything changes?