Philips LatteGo EP3246/70 - Voltage too high at

Support request

Giovanni-T

December 04, 2023 04:04 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 70041

Hello everyone!
I am very glad to have discovered this valuable forum and I hope that, with your help, I will be able to solve my problem.
I own a Philips EP3246/70 and I premise that I am not an "expert" in electronics but I enjoy finding out how the devices work and making small modifications. I wanted to add LEDs and I succeeded.
Unfortunately, at the end of the job, unintentionally, while the machine was energized I shorted the poles of the solenoid valve circled in red in the attached figure.
Reading on this very forum I understood that that solenoid valve holds position with 9.2 V and receives a higher voltage when needed.

In my case, however, as soon as I turn on the machine:
- the solenoid valve relay immediately energizes (you can also hear the click) and the voltage at the coil exceeds 25 V without ever going down;
- I see steam coming out of the coffee powder seat and there also seems to be steam in the transparent silicone tube highlighted in blue in the attached picture.

Also note that:
- The solenoid valve heats up a lot and coffee does not come out of the coffee spout when I activate the "Espresso", "Coffee" functions, etc.
- Hot water , on the other hand, comes out regularly if I activate the "Hot Water" function.

I disassembled the solenoid valve. The relay "seems" to work in fact it gets energized if I power it with a power supply.
I think I should check (replace?) some component on the motherboard but I don't know where to start, also because I haven't found on the net the wiring diagram of the board.
It would be too trivial to replace the whole motherboard and, I think, this is not in the spirit of the people who frequent this forum... am I wrong? ;-)
I would be happy if any of you could give me support to resurrect my coffee machine

I thank as of now those who can and want to help me.
Greetings to all

Giovanni

Raino

March 04, 2024 05:45 pm

Unregistered

Hi Giovanni
Did you get your coffee machine sorted? Just asking because my Lattego 2230 has just developed exactly the same issue. I thought it was the solenoid valve but it turned out the solenoid had a constant 24V on it.
Raino