Advanced search

Brew group does not move

ManuelR.

April 09, 2021 12:04 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 43345

Hello dear coffee community,

I have the following problem: I have a Delonghi Magnifica EAM3100.SB. Plugged the machine in the morning and there was a bang with sparks behind the machine. Opened the housing and the brew group was not in position to take out. Then used the gear to turn the brew group to position, cleaned the brew group(relatively stiff) then lubed it and it moves fine again. I think that's why the engine died. Yesterday new motor installed but brew group can not go up and down in test mode. Relay can be heard switching but nothing moves. I have attached a video of what fault the machine is showing. Could the circuit board on the motor be faulty or the reed board? Would be very grateful for any type.

Attached File (Number of downloads: 0)

Attached File IMG_3870.MOV

tyeth

April 28, 2021 04:02 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 43489

Hey, I can't seem to access your video.

I had a similar problem. Had the brew group removed while machine powered to clean it, forgetting the machine should be off. Doh!

When reset machine no movement on the brewgroup/infuser. I put into test mode and hear the clicking relays, but no motor movement and testing the voltage there is no voltage present on the motor circuit board (I'm aware it's DC for the transmission motor).
All the other heaters/motors/pumps have voltage present where expected. I was able to see the test mode showing all the sensors working (POTs, hall, limits) and I reverified some limit switches with a multimeter.

I can't see any failed components on the main PCB with the relays, nor the microswitches (I manually turned the transmission to move the brewgroup to bottom and top of chassis to trigger microswitches), and limited testing reveals nothing so ordered a new PCB from Delonghi ( https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/ ) which should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find after testing the new board versus the old.
If you ever find out what it was please come back and tell us unsure.gif

My Machine: Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 4200.S EX1 DeLonghi ESAM 4200 S

EDIT: Just sticking this reset procedure here for later...
user posted image