Advanced search

GIGA 5 very bad experiences

HS   

September 08, 2014 01:19 pm

Unregistered

After our DeLonghi has come so slowly into the years, we decided despite my reservations against Jura (my E72 a few years ago was at least 1 time per year in repair, always to the service flat rate of +150 euros) for the Gastromodell Giga 5. 4 cups per day) we wanted a machine that would do its job reliably, which you might expect at a price above EUR 3,000.
>Well, after 11 months the situation is as follows:

- Already after 2 months the machine was repaired for the first time, because it simply did nothing at all anymore. Supposedly the brewing unit was exchanged, whereupon the part ran further 2 months. Then an error occurred where the ground coffee arrived at the bottom of the machine and hot water was produced instead of coffee. In addition, from time to time there are errors 14 (whatever that is) and the phenomenon that the coffee grounds container cannot be pushed in because there is something in the way.

At the beginning these things occurred every 2 months, but Jura shot down the bird at the last repair (I think this was the 4th time): Friday the machine arrived at the dealer, as always freshly cleaned and working and after the purchase of the 4th cup of coffee: coffee powder in the back and the grounds container can not be used.

We are more than disappointed - it is simply not understandable why the machine comes back again and again and then with the same mistakes goes back into repair. That really can't be true!!
Any scolding etc. doesn't help, of course, there were rather pampering answers from Jura and in the meantime we are so sick of it that we consider throwing the part on the garbage and buy a product of any other brand.

Our experience with Jura: super coffee if any comes out, machine beschi$en, service underground.

numberonedefender

September 08, 2014 01:27 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 2650

If you have decided to throw this thing on the garbage, let me know and I will collect it and be happy wink.gif
Which dealer actually recommended you to use ne Giga for 2-4 cups a day, that's more than adventurous ph34r.gif

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

October 15, 2017 04:51 pm

Unregistered

@HS

may I inform you that after the second repair has been carried out and the defect still exists, it is possible to withdraw from the purchase contract. So the story with "throw on the garbage" should really be history.

And as numberonedefender already wrote his "half-gastro" machine should be very oversized. Especially since many defects can occur twice, as this machine accommodates several components in double design.

Kaffeepoint

October 18, 2017 12:06 am

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

From DeLonghi to Giga. Either that's a fake, or the problem's in front of the machine. The Jura Service belongs to the best we have here in D.
Paul

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

Tuxtom007

October 18, 2017 02:38 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 30680

and the Giga5 to the best machines for the private sector.
My dealer's technician said they sell 2 per month and there have been hardly any problems so far. Mostly it was bad care.

I have that myself since spring and am supter satisfied, friend of me has even 2 of it and so far no problems - one of it stands in his office and is used by some people daily massively.

Kommt evenly also the care.

But look also times how old the contribution is, maybe there were quality problems in the beginning - currently definitely not.

--------------------
Jura Giga5 mit Wireless Milch-Kühler

May 05, 2020 05:13 pm

Unregistered

We have the same problem with the Giga 5, the machine is constantly being repaired which is always something different. I'm also really dissatisfied.