Advanced search

Krups Espresseria Automatic XP 9000

Request for help to make a purchase decision

omizu

January 05, 2007 04:02 am

Unregistered

Hello,

has anyone had any experience with the Krups Espresseria Automatic XP 9000? Are there already any Pros and Contras?

Bin thinking about buying me a new VA. My first VA was a Saeco Magic Comfort plus. Well, in the first half year the machine has seen 3 times the workshop, then 4 years went well and then came the big bang. The boiler had burst and the control board was also damaged by water....
Then I bought the Incanto de Luxe, but this is more of a Tamagotchi than a VA. Either the bean container is empty, or the water container or even more often .... the pomace container is full. This machine is clearly too small for a 4 person coffee drinker household.

Now I am looking for a good machine where the brewing group is removable, a water tank from 2 litres upwards, a marc tank with at least 20 cakes and at least 300 gr. bean tank. A somewhat quieter grinder than the Magic Comfort would also be an advantage. I hope my expectations are not too high!

Now I came across the Krups Espresseria Automatic XP 9000 during my research, can anyone give me some testimonials?
Or possibly a tip which VA would fit to us?

Many thanks for your help
omizu
(Ohne MIlch and ZUcker)

Gregorthom

January 05, 2007 11:13 am

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 312

For a 4-person household I do not find the Krups suitable because of their non-variable brewing group.

Only one example: You can put 2 cups under it, but the brewing process does not go through until the cups are full. Since the brewing group holds max. 9g of coffee, but I need twice the amount for a double brew, the Krups brews 2x in a row, i.e. grinds and pumps 2x so that both cups are full at the end.
As not like other VAs, put cups under it, press the double button and then grind once, pump cups full.

However, if not all 4 want coffee at the same time anyway, that's fine.

I'd rather recommend a DeLonghi. These things make an indestructible impression on me.

Otherwise I can personally only report about a S9, which I would feel however also for suitable, only price-wise far over Krups and DeLonghi lies.

Otherwise it will be rather difficult I in the Consumer range another VA with tank over 2L and min. 300g bean container to find.

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

omizu

January 05, 2007 12:18 pm

Unregistered

Hello Gregorthom,

many thanks for your quick answer! I didn't know that the Krups grinds 2 times for 2 cups and I didn't read anywhere either. Good to know! She'll probably be out of it too :-( I think it's a real drawback for the money the machine costs.
As far as the size of the containers is concerned, I've probably been spoiled by my Comfort plus. Over 20 cakes in the marc container, 2.4 litre tank and 350 gr beans is not bad already ..... I don't understand why the VA manufacturers have screwed down the container sizes everywhere?!? Are these things only designed for single households?

I haven't really dealt with DeLonghi yet, she doesn't really like me either (it's just a gut feeling)
Jura exudes because of the not removable and therefore not rinsable brewing group....

But now I'm at the end of my Latin. I'll have the primea shown to me today, maybe I can warm up for them after all. It wasn't my first choice though, but it has at least one 20ger pomace container.

Many greetings
omizu

Hisholy

January 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22

Hello omizu,

take a look at the Jura Z5!

Gregorthom

January 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Expert

I would advise against the Primea because:

- still too many teething troubles
- integrated milk container much too small (at least too small for a 4-person household)
- through integrated milk system a lot of cleaning effort

- I think the DeLonghi EAM 3500 is better, even if it takes up less beans and pomace, but the milk system is ingeniously easy to keep clean, also the container is bigger. Removable brewing group also have these machines and are extremely easy to clean and maintain. There are actually only good reports about the DeLonghis.

But quite another question: If you were very satisfied with the Magic Comfort Plus and it still would be if it still lived, then I would buy such a machine again in your place. These are still available to buy on the Internet, for example.

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

January 05, 2007 02:36 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I have looked at the DeLonghi. The price of course is top! But the bean container only holds 180 gr and the water container 1.8 l. This is smaller than my current Incanto. The pomace container is not described anywhere. At least I couldn't find anything.

@Hisholy
The Jura unfortunately has no expandable brewing group.

Does Primea still have teething troubles? I thought they were slowly being wiped out.
The one with the small milk container wouldn't bother me so much right now. My son only drinks espresso, my husband normal coffee with milk, I coffee black or espresso. My daughter is the only one who drinks a latte or cappuccino and I think the milk container is sufficient for that. :-(

But as you say .... the Comfort plus is really another alternative ....

Many greetings
omizu

Gregorthom

January 05, 2007 04:00 pm

Expert

Concerning the brewable group:
I have a law and have never had any problems with mould or the like. With daily use this has also no chance at all to settle somewhere. Only if you do not maintain the machine according to the instructions and empty pomace and drip tray every 1-2 days.
Other here in the forum will be able to confirm that there are no problems. So far, only those who don't maintain their machine regularly have had mould.

The Z5 would be an ideal alternative for you. Saeco currently has problems through the bank with almost all VAs, even with the Primea. The childhood illnesses are unfortunately not all gone yet.

--------------------

omizu

January 06, 2007 02:09 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 750

Well I think I will have to deal with the different machines in more detail.
Buy a new one fast 'is probably not .... ;-)
Thanks for your tips and advice! I will let them go through my head again on the WE.

Many greetings
omizu