Advanced search

Siemens EQ7 PLUS Fault

pcedding23

February 25, 2018 10:25 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 32008

Hello dear community,

My fully automatic coffee maker always goes on failure when, for example, I want to make a latte macchiato he makes the milk foam and when the coffee should come he says failure he hears how something torments himself in the machine before.
When you turn on the machine and he wants to rinse the same noise sometimes it works he goes on failure what could be that and you can fix it yourself or you should love a professional !

HWS

February 25, 2018 10:39 am

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Take out the brewing unit. Put them in warm water with a dash of detergent for an hour. Then rinse well clean under the tap. If it doesn't go away then it's the engine. The shaft bearing would have to be greased again. Not so simple and time consuming. So the brewing unit is too heavy at the moment.

HWS

pcedding23

February 25, 2018 10:43 am

Coffee drinker

I've already cleaned the brewing unit completely and everything is smooth normal coffee crema makes it without any problems it can be that the ceramic valve is ?

HWS

February 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Yes, it could also be the ceramic valve. There are 3 ceramic discs on top of each other with corresponding holes for the passage of water. Above and below are rubber inserts with holes in front of the inlet and outlet, which can be calcified or somehow clogged.

Also with a good decalcifier based on amidosulphonic acid without dilution pour into the tank and preferably switch off the machine as soon as the broth comes out in front. Leave on for 3-4 hours. Then continue descaling.
If it is not possible then the ceramic valve would have to be replaced. The old one can be unscrewed, disassembled and cleaned with a suitable tool. But there are two microswitches inside, which often don't do their job properly anymore. - The best thing would be to put in a new valve.
HWS

pcedding23

February 25, 2018 06:00 pm

Coffee drinker

Now I have noticed that when I do caln'n'clean the drip tray is as good as full with what a container is underneath despite that

Hamero14

February 27, 2018 08:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 22931

The drip tray fills up because during cleaning and descaling the liquids are also passed through the "inner" of the machine. That's normal.
To come back to the initial problem of the agonizing noise. The brewing unit has a red rubber ring that goes around the brewing stamp at the top. This should be lightly applied with a small brush and silicone grease after each cleaning in "rinsing water". Then loosen the lock of the brewing unit, in the disassembled state, and move the mechanics by hand until the brewing chamber is put over the red ring, or this disappears in the brewing chamber. This should be possible without great effort. Then move the mechanics in the opposite direction and bring the brewing unit to the starting position, where you can push the red locking slider to the left again. (The brewing unit is then locked again for installation).
As for the error "aborting the brewing process, after steam drawing (Cappucchino)", I think that the machine is calcified, and the water not fast enough, after steam drawing the heating "cools down" to produce only hot water, which is needed for the coffee drawing. The sensors then report that the machine is "overheated" and stop the brewing process completely.
My recommendation would be to decalcify the machine, if necessary 2-3 times to really rinse out all deposits. If it still doesn't work afterwards, write again in the forum. biggrin.gif

Gast_Kasper

December 01, 2019 02:32 pm

Unregistered

My eq7 just stopped to make coffee, - it ends up in the driptray, - also when it starts, its supposed to run a little water through the front pipes, but I only hear the sound, no water.
I changed the ceramic valve some years ago and everything was fine. I changed the brewunit now, but it didnt help, same problem. I can get water out of the steaming tube, no problem.

Do you think its the ceramic valve again? Maybe I should try the celaning trick you mention, turning of the machine after the initial water has come out of the tubes?

Kind regards

Kasper