Advanced search

Siemens EQ.9 - keep saying "insert milk container"

runejoergensen

August 21, 2019 04:10 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 35058

Hi,

I've just run into a problem with my Siemens EQ9 S700. It's only 7-8 months old.

I ran a cleaning cycle after being prompted and did wonder why it kept saying "insert milk container", however the cycle finished and I then thought I wanted to run a descaling cycle.

However, I only got to step 2 where it asked me to clean and reinsert milk container.

I did so, but regardless it didn't recognise the milk container and was stuck on that step. I have tried to take out the milk system and milk container to clean it all, but still no luck.

I pressed the power button for 10 sec so it shut down, but when I turned it back on it said it had to do a special rinse, which it also can't complete because it still doesn't recognise the milk container wacko.gif

So right now, I can't use it at all - any recommendations?

runejoergensen

August 21, 2019 04:30 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 35058

I think I have found the problem.

On the side of the lid to the milk container there's a small metal/magnet piece, which is missing on mine, so it must have fallen out when cleaned. I assume this little metal/magnet piece lets the machine know that the milk container is correctly inserted.

I have ordered a new one, so let's see if that helps.