Saeco Moltio HD8769 pipes pitting?

What do you think about the condition?

MarkusM

August 02, 2023 11:18 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 67722

HI,

had yesterday times our Saeco Moltio opened for the purpose of general inspection and cleaning. The pipes on the valves have a white, powdery coating on the connections and also on an angle (see attached photo).

Is this pitting? Can I expect that the machine has reached the end of its life and that will soon leak there?

Thanks & greetings
Markus

Attached Image

kaffeechris

August 02, 2023 05:06 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello quite simple it will not. maybe someone still has certain parts or a KVA to cannibalize. Alone the solenoid valves are with good prices 65€, if they then no longer work properly. The large elbow perhaps no longer to procure?

I would first take apart, look what is still common and everything else will be found.

Unfortunately, I have no Saeco spare parts.
Maybe in the Saecoforum times ask.

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

MarkusM

August 02, 2023 07:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 67722

Well, I didn't really want to repair it anymore, we have another little-used Saeco in the basement (I think the previous model).

I was only interested in assessing whether this is now the famous "pitting". Otherwise, it still works and it's probably still all tight, just yesterday the brewing unit again completely dismantled and cleaned.

This complete valve unit could be relatively easy to replace, only the one blue-yellow hose behind is secured with such a hose clamp, I'm not sure if I would have the right tool for it (if necessary).

This model is also relatively common used, but is just a lottery in what condition the valve unit is then there.

kaffeechris

August 02, 2023 08:50 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

As long as it doesn't leak... leave it as is.
Change never a runnig system. Such a logical saying.

Have funB)

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.