Advanced search

Saeco Aroma Chrome no longer draws water

No water is sucked in.

Gast

November 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone!

I got a used aroma chrome machine from Saeco as a present a few days ago.

Unfortunately it does not work because no water is sucked in.
The machine gets warm and the pumping noise sounds relatively normal - but the suction hose does not fill up with water and there is none at the brewing unit or steam pipe.

Why can this be and how can the fault possibly be corrected?

Thank you in advance for tips!

numberonedefender

November 19, 2009 09:03 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 2650

Recently had the same error with this device, the good piece had been dry for a long time. I pressed water with a big syringe into the running pump (over the hose in the tank), thereupon it sucked first. Surely worth a try...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

Gast

November 20, 2009 05:05 pm

Unregistered

After many attempts and some trying, the tip actually worked.

Thank you very much for that!

Gast_koffeinJunkie   

September 03, 2011 06:07 pm

Unregistered

super!

>the suggestion saved my saturday! the action with the syringe helped. always add water in batches and wait until air bubbles rise up the hose. after about 10 minutes she pulled again correctly.

numberonedefender

September 03, 2011 07:19 pm

Expert

It's nice that almost two years after my post someone still got something of it, I'm glad smile.gif The search function seems to work fine wink.gif

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Gast_Jens

December 18, 2011 12:02 am

Unregistered

Hello numberonedefender,

thanks to Google ("saeco aroma doesn't draw water") I found your tip and (because I didn't have a syringe to hand I put the hose on the steam pipe of our Café Crema and pressed hot water) the old aroma Nero after 5 years in the basement within 20 seconds to full life again awakened.
Prima! wink.gif

esther

January 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Unregistered

...yes, and your tip has just saved me after an hour of odyssey and I can now finally drink coffee with my used machine purchased today!
many, thank you!
esther

Gast_Anna

October 05, 2013 06:15 pm

Unregistered

We just started ours up again - with the bicycle pump biggrin.gif

Kaffeeplanet

October 05, 2013 07:51 pm

Expert

Member No.: 3017

so you already have ideas, from our 2tm machine to press water in, bicycle pump, syringe... right it would be the pump to disassemble new working seal and ball in and it's like new again, but watch out the working seal is not a normal oring that should have so about 75 shore so a little harder than normal(70 shore)

--------------------
Alle Tips und Hinweise erfolgen nach bestem Wissen - die Verantwortung trägt jedoch der Ausführende.
Daher bitte lieber einmal zu viel als einmal zu wenig fragen.

Vor allen manuellen Arbeiten am Gerät den Netzstecker ziehen !

numberonedefender

October 06, 2013 09:07 am

Expert

A dry standing (not defective or leaky) pump "forced filling"is common practice. This is not a repair of the pump, but a jump start wink.gif

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Gast_Tobi

May 11, 2014 10:56 am

Unregistered

Machine saved thanks to syringe :-) - First thing I did was fill it with pure decalcifying agent. This is even easier if you screw on the machine and attach the syringe directly to the pump - even fits like an ass on a bucket with a small 2ml syringe. Thanks again!

Phthalo

June 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Unregistered

Hello.

My has also start difficulties.
But don't understand where you're splashing something into like that.
In which hose? and if so, then there is a hole in the hose and then it draws air? Or not?

Greetings
Andreas

Phthalo

June 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Unregistered

Okay. Okay. I got it now. Helped out with an airbrush compressor.

Romy

August 05, 2015 04:06 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 27433

Hello together,

I have the same problem that the machine does not draw water. Is it normal for her to röchelt strongly and become extremely hot? How long can I run the machine without it sucking water, because I am afraid that it will overheat?

HWS

August 05, 2015 06:53 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Hello,

this anxiety is justified. Now I don't know which brand of pump is installed. If it's an Invensys pump, you can't open it. But if it is a ULKA pump, you can easily open it and check it. It usually says how long these pumps are pumping and how long it takes them to cool down.
On an older Invensys pump it says e.g. 1 min / 1min . Means: 1 minute working / 1 minute cooling down. So don't let it run longer than 1 minute! Without water this might be too long already.

Greeting HWS

Seite 12