Advanced search

Krups Error 04 and 05 on EA

Filling of the machine necessary

Jazzy Joe

September 10, 2020 09:32 pm

Unregistered

Just one piece of information for the Krups EA community:

My machine (EA829) recently ran into the vicious "Filling of the machine necessary" cycle, ending with the ▲▼ plug icon. I searched high and low for the causes of Error 04 and 05, which are usually classed as water flow errors, i.e. flow meter, pump or water distributor.

I replaced the flow meter, cleaned the water distributor, opened up the pump... to no avail... only to discover that the underlying cause of Error 05 was the lever on the bottom of the vertical rising spindle that supports the piston. The lever is located in the tight space right above the base, so you essentially need to disassemble the whole machine to do the repair. The plastic pivot point was caked and the lever was not returning to the spring-powered push rod with the white knob, and the nearby switch (protected by the see-through rubber cap) was not switching.

I cleaned everything in the area with compressed air and hot steam (Karcher), which perfectly removes coffee gunk.

So, if you're getting Error 04 and 05 in the Service Menu, check that dang lever! biggrin.gif

milkman

April 26, 2021 12:07 am

Unregistered

That's really good! - I have the same problem and could not find any answers - thank you!
Any chance you have some pics to show where the problem is - not sure I can follow the description.
Thanks