Advanced search

CVA 3660, error 73, possible cause

Gast_Volki

November 05, 2017 05:57 pm

Unregistered

Our Miele CVA 3660 recently stopped operating with error 73.
I suspected the capsule cage of something like this.
Miele says: such a thing is difficult to change yourself (although there is an article about it in the manual), and from their point of view made a "favourable offer", a technician with a reduced flat-rate fee of 75 euros for inspection and a capsule cage for 46.60 plus a flat-rate fee of 46.60 euros. To send VAT past, naturally without success warranty.

Have bought on suspicion a Jura capsule cage N9 / N90 for approx. 20 euro in the Internet and exchanged. I thought to myself: If it wasn't, I can still activate the Miele service with their greed surcharge.

Our CVA 3660 now works perfectly again.

The only challenge: If anything around the brewing group of the CVA 3660 gets stuck (here caused by a presumable widening of the capsule cage) it goes into error mode and you can't activate the maintenance mode mentioned in the manual for shutting down the brewing group in order to replace the capsule cage in the menu (Stupid gell?)
My trick: When the machines are switched on, it will shut down the brewing group once and then up again. So I turned it off and on again at the main switch, and when the brewing group drove down at the main switch mercilessly turned it off. BINGO - capsule cage was easily accessible with the unscrewing tool supplied with the machine. However, you have to convince the CVA 3660 that the door is closed by means of a strong household magnet in the upper right corner.

I hope I can help one or the other user not to fall into the Miele cost trap.

Cesar

September 27, 2020 06:14 pm

Unregistered

I have that same problem 73, could someone help where to find that Jura capsule cage N9 / N90?? Thanks

Gast_Marino

January 07, 2021 11:46 am

Unregistered

https://kavegepbolt.hu/en/spd/64025/Kapszula-rekesz

Can't get it posted to UK though, maybe contact them and report back ?

Gast_Alex

March 02, 2022 04:02 pm

Unregistered

Thank you, this is the first approach that gives me hope. My machine does the same thing.
Capsule cage I have here, tool as well.
However, the capsule plate is also stuck on mine, so I can't remove it. Was this the same for you as well?
And is there any clue how I can tell when the capsule cage is down and I can turn the machine off. Would love to try my luck. Thank you and best regardsAlex

Gast_Alexandra

March 02, 2022 04:02 pm

Unregistered

Thank you, this is the first approach that gives me hope. My machine does the same thing.
Capsule cage I have here, tool as well.
However, the capsule plate is also stuck on mine so I can't remove it. Was this the same for you as well?
And is there any clue how I can tell when the capsule cage is down and I can turn the machine off. Would love to try my luck. Thank you and best regardsAlex