Advanced search

Impressa E75 - Coffee too thin

Stainless

November 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 3042

Hello together,

in my possession is for some years an Impressa E75, an absolute mistake purchase, which this coffee machine expensive at that time 700€ makes only trouble!
After various liable to pay the costs repairs and small spinning mills makes the equipment now again problems.

Short and flush: My coffee tastes like shit. Excuse the wording, I'm angry about this 700€ scrap heap...
Also, the coffee tastes watery. It is simply far too thin, but only when the machine uses beans to make coffee. Coffee made with ground coffee is much stronger. Some time ago this was not the case....

My guess was therefore that there was something wrong with the grinder. I can't see anything unusual, though. The coffee ground by the machine in the pomace looks perfectly normal, the quantity and consistency is, in my opinion, o.k. and the coffee temperature is also normal. The background noise of the machine is the same as always...

But: The machine now also permanently shows "fill beans", even though the compartment is full.... I suspect there is a connection and a defect in the grinder...

EDIT: If you are looking, you will find.... Shame on me. The grinder is doubtlessly worn out, as I could see from other contributions.

What do I have to replace? Which spare part variant is recommended? Where do you get the cheapest Jura spare parts and do you need any special tools?

Greetings and thanks for the help,
Stainless

Hisholy

November 10, 2008 01:14 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 22

Special tools are not required. And as for spare part sources, Ms. Google knows answer.

Stainless

November 10, 2008 01:36 pm

Coffee drinker

Thank you. I'll take care of it. Fräulein google is doing a good job as always....
So far so good.
But what is recommended. V1, V3 ?
Does this also solve my "Bohen-füllen" problem or do I have to replace the complete part with motor?

Then I still have a problem. The water tank is dripping. A new one costs 30€, although a gasket should do it...
I don't see any way to get to the gasket. I don't see a screw on the valve...
Do you really have to buy a new tank or can you help yourself in another way?

And another general question...
How do you clean the powder coffee shaft? Is it possible to pour water into it or better only dry it with a brush or similar?

Hisholy

November 10, 2008 03:04 pm

Expert

I'd take V3. The message "Fill beans" is then gone (with V1 but of course also). Clean the powder coffee shaft dry.

The tank itself should probably only drip slightly!? It doesn't really matter. As long as the inner distributor sleeve (tank base gasket) is still OK, it doesn't matter.

Stainless

November 10, 2008 09:26 pm

Coffee drinker

Thank you...

In fact, the drop is only on the tank and not bad, except that it's a little annoying. But if someone had had an idea how to replace this gasket, I would have ordered one with it...

>Lasts a last, little problem...
The machine sometimes makes a whole cup (or a big cup with approx. 300ml) full to the brim, although only 120ml or so are set.
But it really only happens once in a while. Is it possible to fix this with reasonable effort, or is it not worth it....

P@G

November 10, 2008 09:27 pm

Barista

Member No.: 1660

Simply decalcifying should help.
The flowmeter should be calcified.

--------------------
Viele Grüße
Patrick

Jura E55 9 Jahre alt mit PAC und K5 finao

Guest_Stainless

November 24, 2008 02:10 pm

Unregistered

Hello again....

Small update:
I ordered the V3 version and installed it last week. Was not an issue thanks to the illustrated instructions. And the coffee... a dream. Tastes and smells like coffee again.

But there are problems again. Everything worked great, but all of a sudden the machine stopped making coffee and the display kept saying "fill beans".
I then removed the lid and sidewall and looked at everything, but couldn't find any errors. A short test run with the machine open again worked smoothly. So put a lid on it and keep slurping delicious black gold.
But now it's the same again.
It probably hangs somehow on the screw conveyor, because no more beans are transported to the grinding plant. The beans in the bean container fall into the "shaft" in the direction of the grinder, but are catapulted directly out of the grinder.
-->The grinder doesn't get anything to grind and I don't get any coffee. Does anyone have an idea?

Hisholy

November 24, 2008 02:28 pm

Expert

Vacuum the funnel and refill it.

Guest_Stainless

November 24, 2008 02:57 pm

Unregistered

That's basically what I did when the mistake first occurred. (Open, look, clean, screw up) But it can't be a permanent solution that I vacuum the funnel every three days.
Something doesn't seem to work as it should.

Hisholy

November 24, 2008 03:06 pm

Expert

Nope, it's definitely not right! That may happen once, but not more often. Has moisture perhaps landed in the grinder?

Guest_Stainless

November 24, 2008 03:55 pm

Unregistered

No, not really. Although I cleaned all parts before changing the grinder, I also allowed them to dry well. And there's no other way that moisture could have gotten in.

Hisholy

November 24, 2008 04:41 pm

Expert

I really lack the "igniting" idea from a distance...

Guest_Stainless

November 24, 2008 06:47 pm

Unregistered

Then tomorrow I'll just take the whole thing apart and put it back together again and see what happens.
Thank you so far.

Gregorthom

November 25, 2008 09:59 am

Expert

Member No.: 312

Did you turn the outer adjusting ring a little too far when installing the new stones? How many rests were there?

Greeting
Gregor

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

Stainless

November 26, 2008 09:41 am

Coffee drinker

I set the ring as it was before (marker). Should I change that?
Gröber or finer?

Seite 12